anyone make a vanity?
(01-10-2018, 10:36 PM)EricU Wrote: Splinter Puller, is that cabinet going over the toilet?  What sink did you get?
The opening below the cabinet is for a laundry basket/  My wife wants it this way but with the design I am sill able to add doors to the lower part if it does not look good installed.
WoodNET... the new safespace
I found a pedestal sink I like the looks of. Going to go look at it to see if I think I can adapt it to fit in a vanity. Not sure if it's narrow enough, but it's the right width. https://www.homedepot.com/p/KOHLER-Veer-.../300931022
I finished this craftsman styled vanity recently.
Quartersawn white oak.

I also made the vanity top from a piece of stone.

Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
(01-10-2018, 10:36 PM)EricU Wrote: ... is that sink a pedestal sink without the pedestal?  And the counter is wood? Or is it stone?

No, it was the sink from an ugly cabinet base (just the dark brown unit):

The counters on either side are also cherry.  Polyurethane looks pretty good after 15 years and two teenagers.
I remodeled a small bathroom we had in our last house. It was a small bathroom, with a stall shower. By making a corner vanity, we gained enough space to put a tub in.

Just a thought
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
If the Shakers had vanities, I imagine this is what it might look like: shot during construction of main bathroom:

[Image: 00H0H_aKV3WlKyZJ9_300x300.jpg]
(01-12-2018, 12:19 PM)Pirate Wrote: I remodeled a small bathroom we had in our last house. It was a small bathroom, with a stall shower. By making a corner vanity, we gained enough space to put a tub in.
not going to re-doodle the bath, it's just not big enough to do anything interesting.  I probably would put in a new floor.  The main thing I want to do is to put in a curbless shower, but that seems a bit ambitious right now.  Maybe I'll raise the floor a little in prep for that.
Simple plain straight line cabinet. Tiger Maple on all faces. Long top drawer house a short ironing board on 100lb FE slides. Door on right has 3 FE pull out drawers behind it.

edited to add~~ I have yet to build the TP & tissue rack on the left side where the heater sets.

[Image: 20171106_155626_zpsctelpwwr.jpg]
I'm thinking about going forward with this when some other projects are completed, which seems imminent.  I found a vanity I liked at HD, but they seem to have discontinued it.  I want to have a one-piece top.  It seems like I would have to order that sight-unseen, which isn't that great.  I might get a stone top cut and have an under-mount sink. Turns out it's my fault if the caulking around the sink doesn't look good with the ones we have now.  They have a sink that sits on top of a laminate countertop.
(01-10-2018, 10:36 PM)EricU Wrote: Some really nice work here.

/dev, is that sink a pedestal sink without the pedestal?  And the counter is wood? Or is it stone?
I remember seeing that vanity, it inspired my lack of interest in the vanities you can find at the BORG.  If time was no problem maybe...

Splinter Puller, is that cabinet going over the toilet?  What sink did you get?

I guess the trick is finding a sink I like. I'm thinking about making it out of walnut, LOML's brother cut down a walnut tree and had it cut up, so it would mean something to her. I need to get a better idea how deep she really wants the thing to be.  It probably can be a little wider than the minimum.
I recently saw a live edge slab as a top with a vessel sink.  I really liked it and I am planning the same for the guest bathroom.  I'm thinking not a vanity but a lower shelf made from the rest of the slab.

I think the vessel sink makes it fell less crowded regardless.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bathroom...66&bih=662
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.