anyone make a vanity?
I wanted to put a new vanity in the powder room, and then I found out that LOML wants a vanity that isn't as deep in the master bath.  We have a pretty standard 25"wide x21" deep vanity in there, and it makes her feel crowded.  Not sure what I'm going to use for a sink, but I am pretty sure I have seen some nice vanity pics in this forum
(01-10-2018, 12:19 AM)EricU Wrote: I wanted to put a new vanity in the powder room, and then I found out that LOML wants a vanity that isn't as deep in the master bath.  We have a pretty standard 25"wide x21" deep vanity in there, and it makes her feel crowded.  Not sure what I'm going to use for a sink, but I am pretty sure I have seen some nice vanity pics in this forum

Pending installation, made two of them for the master bath.....

[Image: 25741905988_8efc33dc90_b.jpg]
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I just Googled "shallow vanity sink" and got 782,000 hits, including just sinks, integrated sinks & counter tops and completed vanities.

https://www.google.com/search?q=shallow+...e&ie=UTF-8

This is full size but might not make her feel crowded:

https://www.amazon.com/Aries-Modern-Wall...5943290011

[Image: 51SrjVBcoyL._SL1200_.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I had built this one for the old 50's rental home I had to near gut and remodel- it was supposed to be a larger sink (20.5"), then it turned out they only had the smaller one (18"), so I extended the back splash which turned out better for setting stuff on.
I antiqued the paint job some.

[Image: PLWkpWO.jpg]

Regular ole pine- White base coat primer and latex, thinned green latex paint and 3 coats thin satin clear coat poly.

You can see why space was an issue.
[Image: MkSO1Ty.jpg]
(01-10-2018, 12:19 AM)EricU Wrote: I wanted to put a new vanity in the powder room, and then I found out that LOML wants a vanity that isn't as deep in the master bath.  We have a pretty standard 25"wide x21" deep vanity in there, and it makes her feel crowded.  Not sure what I'm going to use for a sink, but I am pretty sure I have seen some nice vanity pics in this forum

Timely post!.  I just finished the first piece for my new vanity last night.     I got a couple hundred bd feet of walnut cheap a month ago and decided to upgrade the masters bath with a walnut vanity and side cabinet.  I've made plenty of straight casework in the past so I wanted this one to be different.  I have not done much curved work so I went to look for a curved sink unit and found a cool looking top mount porcelain fixture with a curved front.  I designed this vanity to support it.  The lower side counter tops will be walnut also.   Note, the mirror and light bar are already constructed or purchased and look different than the simplified rectangles in my rendering.

[Image: 1.jpg]

Here is the first piece.  I started by making a curved jig to the radius of both the sink base and the side cabinet and glued up the laminated drawer fronts.   To save walnut the larger drawer fronts are walnut skins over a core of poplar skins over a piece of bending plywood.  They turned out great with little spring back.

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 3.jpg]

[Image: 4.jpg]

I'll post a write up when I get further along.
WoodNET... the new safespace
A common size for ready made vanities is 19" deep, so a quick perusal at the box store might turn up something useful.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
That's looking nice Splinter.  I love curved work.  

Anyway, I built this little vanity for my half bath last year:

[Image: eUwYiYKPo0sBKTtxLtRdWqaXBBRbCRF9Z3xTJnIT...71-h628-no]

The sink is only 10-1/2" front to back and the whole cabinet only about 14 or 15".  There are quiet a few small sinks available.    

This one I made for my main bath.  

[Image: RlyOG8-RDyGfnN-2JYjm64RlqNb9tCn95_3f_mE-...71-h628-no]

Those sinks are about the same width, less than 11".  The top is about 22" deep, but it could be a lot shallower if you put the faucet on the side like I did with the half bath one.  

John
Here's a weird one:

My avatar is the window muntins on the left side of the pic above.
Some really nice work here.

/dev, is that sink a pedestal sink without the pedestal?  And the counter is wood? Or is it stone?
I remember seeing that vanity, it inspired my lack of interest in the vanities you can find at the BORG.  If time was no problem maybe...

Splinter Puller, is that cabinet going over the toilet? What sink did you get?

I guess the trick is finding a sink I like. I'm thinking about making it out of walnut, LOML's brother cut down a walnut tree and had it cut up, so it would mean something to her. I need to get a better idea how deep she really wants the thing to be.  It probably can be a little wider than the minimum.
very beautiful design, you are good fellows
if you need help with assignment then this site will help you with this