Tablesaw Choices - I went Minimax SC3
My so called 'customer advocate' promised to contact me by 2/2/2018.  Nothing.  Not an email, not a phone call.. absolutely nothing. Last contact was 1/29 by email, prior was the phone call on 1/22 where Nelson (customer advocate) committed to calling me by 2/2 with the shipping dates.
(02-03-2018, 03:14 AM)Pondracer Wrote: My so called 'customer advocate' promised to contact me by 2/2/2018.  Nothing.  Not an email, not a phone call.. absolutely nothing.  Last contact was 1/29 by email, prior was the phone call on 1/22 where Nelson (customer advocate) committed to calling me by 2/2 with the shipping dates.

It's time to make that call.

John
(02-03-2018, 09:48 AM)jteneyck Wrote: It's time to make that call.

John

Or cut the cord.

Doug
A dispute is there for them to get their act together as a group, Sam (who is a great guy) included, to ensure you get what you paid for. Its what they should do, Sam included, to keep that good guy company claim. The dispute process is protection a big cc company can give you, their customer, to keep other big companies from running you over, so that it you keep on making big purchase with their card. Call and dispute.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

It may be worth noting at this point that a credit card dispute process is possible with SCM/Minimax, but not with Felder, as they require all but the down payment in the form of a check. Something to consider when deciding between the two big Euro suppliers, both of whom seem equally capable of delivering a fantastically expensive piece of equipment in less than pristine condition.
Finally had to cut bait.  No phone calls, no emails, zero follow up from Sam - nothing since pre 2/2/2018.  Opened the credit card dispute.  FYI the SC3 is no longer shown on their website.
I’m surprised the factory doesn’t find other US representation, or new management.
(02-18-2018, 01:45 AM)Pondracer Wrote: Finally had to cut bait.  No phone calls, no emails, zero follow up from Sam - nothing since pre 2/2/2018.  Opened the credit card dispute.  FYI the SC3 is no longer shown on their website.

You're much more patient than I am.  I'd have been calling my CC company on the 3rd if I didn't hear from them on the 2nd.  Did complaining to the president of the company help at all?
I have crossed minimax off my list of companies to deal with now...  Too bad.  There are others who will take my money.  Good luck with your issue PR.
Thanks for the info/updates. At some point I hope to buy a bigger bandsaw and Minimax has always gotten good reviews. But this experience will inform me about dealing with companies that have only one (unresponsive) throat to choke. Grizzly's HQ is 10 minutes from my vacation home--I can always go in there every day if I need to and yell
Smile
"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!" Arthur 'Big Guy' Carlson