Challenge coin display/coin use in WWing
Question 

It's been a while since I've posted anything, but I have a two-fold question.

My Disaster Medical Assistance Team deployed to Hurricane's Harvey, Irma, and Maria.  After the Harvey Response, I ordered 150 Challenge coins for team members who deployed to Houston.  The manufacturer made a mistake on the team logo, while the Hurricane Harvey 2017 side of the coin turned out great.  I had them remade and when I asked about returning the other coins, the guy said I could keep them. 

I'm trying to come up with some ideas as to how to incorporate them into woodworking projects.  Have any of you used coins in a project?  I'd also like some, "out of the box" ideas for a Challenge coin display.
Gary

Living under the radar, heading for "off the grid."

So you would like to display both coins but only one side of each? Or is the coin you made double sided?
I have inlaid coins in boxes or their tops and in the front on flag presentation / display cases.  Always turned out well.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
(01-12-2018, 08:19 PM)DaveR1 Wrote: So you would like to display both coins but only one side of each? Or is the coin you made double sided?

Dave,

The MN side didn't turn out on the coins I ordered.  The state in our logo is blue and the coins they sent were painted black, the EKG strip on the coin they sent me couldn't be recognized as an EKG strip.  My plan is to use the back side of the coin (Hurricane Harvey 2017) for any project.
Gary

Ah... So you really only need to deal with a single coin; the remade one.

OK. An idea or two brewing.
(01-13-2018, 12:05 AM)DaveR1 Wrote: Ah... So you really only need to deal with a single coin; the remade one.

OK. An idea or two brewing.

I've got 150 coins that only one side is usable; so, I have no problem using epoxy to hold them in place.  I'm thinking small boxes, challenge coin displays, cutting boards, cheese cutters, etc.
Gary

(01-13-2018, 01:38 PM)glzahn Wrote: I've got 150 coins that only one side is usable; so, I have no problem using epoxy to hold them in place.  I'm thinking small boxes, challenge coin displays, cutting boards, cheese cutters, etc.

How big are the coins?
(01-13-2018, 02:01 PM)DaveR1 Wrote: How big are the coins?

Dave, They're 1 3/4"
Gary

(01-13-2018, 06:48 PM)glzahn Wrote: Dave, They're 1 3/4"

Maybe a small turned box with the coin recessed in the lid? With 150 to make, you could set these up for batch turning on the lathe.
[Image: 25811727478_098919d1b6.jpg]
(just doodling while my first cup of coffee kicked in. Took some liberties with the design. Got bored with the text, though.)

Are they very heavy?
(01-14-2018, 07:33 AM)DaveR1 Wrote: Maybe a small turned box with the coin recessed in the lid? With 150 to make, you could set these up for batch turning on the lathe.
[Image: 25811727478_098919d1b6.jpg]
(just doodling while my first cup of coffee kicked in. Took some liberties with the design. Got bored with the text, though.)

Are they very heavy?
Dave,

Great idea!  The coins weigh 1oz.  I have some shop time planned for today so I just may have to turn a box or two.
Gary