Rockler T-Track Table Top 1-1/8'' Thick
(01-18-2018, 12:27 PM)photobug Wrote: Well I am sold, I actually had already picked up this setup with the Dado attachment.  

I see what you are saying in terms of plowing the dovetail in places to replicate the T-track.  The only problem I see with that is you need to have these clamps in order for that to work and at $20 per clamp you would need $80 to clamp your board and then attach a fixture to that board.  You could buy 10 feet of track and a lot of 1/4" bolts for many jigs for that same investment.

I had already seen your video it was the impetus for me buying the system.  I am still trying to figure out ways to put it to use.  A couple thoughts is mounting a tall fence to my table saw, and a t-tracked fence to add a vertical featherboard.

The Dovetail clamps are NOT the end of the story! MicroJig will soon be releasing a set of Dovetail nuts and bolts. These will be 10-32 thread and fit the same Dovetail slot. 

I get the objection to buying a bunch of clamps for a clamping table like the one above, but you either need to use t-bolts and build your own clamp system, or buy some sort of clamps that fit the t-track. 

Don’t get me wrong. I use Rockler’s t-slot router bit to make t-track slots in my CNC Spoil boards, and I use 1/2” plywood disks with 1/4” t-bolts as my clamps there. 

I still have uses for t-slots, but buying t-track for all the jigs and fixtures I make was killing me.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
(01-16-2018, 12:49 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: That bare t-slot cut in MDF would have to be *deep* before I would trust it to last very long.

With 1-1/8" you can make it as deep as you like and a laminated top makes it really strong. I've made multiple drill press tables and fences and router tables with featherboards and never had a blowout. Not all the tables had laminate, Masonite glued to the top works really well also.
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe
Maybe I don’t know what I don’t know but I see a particle board outfeed table with clamps around the perimeter. What am I missing at $500?

(01-18-2018, 11:07 PM)Kansas City Fireslayer Wrote: Maybe I don’t know what I don’t know but I see a particle board outfeed table with clamps around the perimeter.  What am I missing at $500?

Start shopping for track and clamps.  I am sure it will easily add up to $100s.  You could hold off on some accessories to save some money or you could get all of them and maybe spend even more.
A carpenter's house is never done.
$200 base, $50 casters?

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(01-14-2018, 07:20 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: Who has purchased this? I'm thinking by the time you buy the needed clamps, etc. you're in for around $500
Crazy

I got several Visa & MC gift cards for Christmas so I ordered to Table Top and only had to pay $25 of my own money. But I bought $100 in hold down clamps that I would have had to buy anyway.
So for $125 I got the table, 4 hold down clamps & 2 auto lock hold down clamps.

Since I'm making my own kitchen cabinets I'm using a lot of pocket screws, etc.
Jim