Veritas Miter Box Guides
Hello all,

I did a search to see if these were discussed before and I didn't find anything so my apologies if this has already been covered.

Does anyone have the Veritas Miter Box Guides?

Thoughts?

I am constantly looking for a better way to make accurate crosscuts especially 45deg cuts and this looks to be just what I was looking for.

Any thoughts?

What would you think the widest a miter box could/should be?

Could I build a large miter box where I use my 24" crosscut saw rather than a 16" cross cut tenon saw?

Thanks
Peter

My "day job"
Didn't even know they existed.

Helpful when cutting the slots.  It should be possible to get the slots accurate and upright on your own, if you hold your breath just right.  These would facilitate that first cut.
(01-14-2018, 10:29 PM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: Didn't even know they existed.

Helpful when cutting the slots.  It should be possible to get the slots accurate and upright on your own, if you hold your breath just right.  These would facilitate that first cut.

Veritas Miter Box inserts

Sorry should have linked them in the first post.

I could easily cut the slots on my router table to make sure that they are straight.  
I like my plow plane but I'm not very good with it.

I'm considering building tow of these out of some nice plywood.  One 6" and one larger but I'm not sure how larger.
Peter

My "day job"
Rather a bit of an old idea...

Sold by GEM...

Folds up to store in a tool box.....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(01-14-2018, 10:56 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Rather a bit of an old idea...

Sold by GEM...

Folds up to store in a tool box.....

I have one of those in the original box on the table next to me.  Picked it up at an estate sale mostly because of the box
Laugh  I found there are many on Ebay
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(01-15-2018, 12:07 AM)Bob10 Wrote: I have one of those in the original box on the table next to me.  Picked it up at an estate sale mostly because of the box
Laugh  I found there are many on Ebay

It must be a novelty, since Bandit's looks pristine. 

Why not simple shooting boards and hooks? I use scrap wood for additional alignment/cutting guides to improve my cuts. Those can help when using full size carpenter saws.
(01-15-2018, 01:04 PM)hbmcc Wrote: It must be a novelty, since Bandit's looks pristine. 

Why not simple shooting boards and hooks? I use scrap wood for additional alignment/cutting guides to improve my cuts. Those can help when using full size carpenter saws.

Mine looks so good, because I had just finished replacing the worn out leaves.....

Here is the old ones.....a bit too well used?
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(01-15-2018, 01:04 PM)hbmcc Wrote: Why not simple shooting boards and hooks? I use scrap wood for additional alignment/cutting guides to improve my cuts. Those can help when using full size carpenter saws.

I've got a shooting board but it's not one of my favorite tools.  I actually can't stand using a shooting board.

So I'm looking for another way to do this.

That's all
Peter

My "day job"
Maybe it would serve you better to just buy a miter box?
The prices on eBay for them are all over the map. But if
you ask around, there are enough of them tucked away
that someone may have one they will part with.

I lucked out and snagged a Langdon Acme box with a good
saw several years back off eBay, before the Schwarz effect
(article in PWW) shot prices through the roof. They have
come back down now.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
This is the one I have

[Image: 00000_2s49cdzCHwD_1200x900.jpg][Image: 01010_yUDCUqmqBr_1200x900.jpg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.