hand turned bowls
Here are some bowls I hand turned on my lathe, tell me what you guys think!

Attached Files Image(s)

DTDesigns 

111 Putnam st, marietta ohio

681-315-0267
That looks like a Bowl. And looks great. I was expecting a pink and red bloody mess.

I see you corrected the spelling. 
Smirk

Very Nice  work  
Cool
First Welcome and thank you for sharing your work with us and I also see you already do segmented work to which you have a leg up on me.

I like your selection of woods and the first looks like a pedestal bowl which I think is pretty neat.

Have you been a lurker or first time here?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
this is my first time ever showing my work on the internet, I'm not very good with computers, I didn't even know what instagram was until a week ago lol
DTDesigns 

681-315-0267
(01-16-2018, 10:14 AM)DTDesigns Wrote: this is my first time ever showing my work on the internet, I'm not very good with computers, I didn't even know what instagram was until a week ago lol

Hand turned bowls... and internet/instagram newbie... are you an Amish refugee?
Out of curiosity, who's hands are turning the wood on the lathe? I imagine some sort of crank, like a crankcase, that people can grab and turn the wood. Or did you mean a treadle lathe? If it's a treadle lathe, wouldn't that be "Foot turned Bowls" ?

Whatever way... I still think the bowls you made is very excellent work. I haven't tried a segmented bowl yet.

Joe
the lathe runs on this invention we call electricity ..
DTDesigns 

681-315-0267
(01-16-2018, 02:22 PM)DTDesigns Wrote: the lathe runs on this invention we call electricity ..

Well... you said, in your first sentence, that YOU hand turned on your lathe. What was I to think?
(01-15-2018, 07:22 PM)MidwestMan Wrote: That looks like a Bowl. And looks great. I was expecting a pink and red bloody mess.

I see you corrected the spelling. 
Smirk

Very Nice  work  
Cool

Remember we are not spelling police here unless it is the basement.
Big Grin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(01-17-2018, 02:56 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Remember we are not spelling police here unless it is the basement.
Big Grin

Oh okay

[Image: yellow-smiley-confused-emoticon.gif]
(01-15-2018, 06:36 PM)DTDesigns Wrote: Here are some bowls I hand turned on my lathe, tell me what you guys think!

Very nice work great color combination.