Shop design?
I am in East Texas so while in floor heat is an interesting Idea, I don't think the cost would be worth it for my climate.

I am planning at least to stub in for a bathroom although I would need a separate septic from the house, because of location so finishing that my have to wait.

I would like to have at least one partition to keep metal and woodworking apart to keep the dust off the metal equipment. Having a finishing room that doubles as an office/storage room at ground level would be good also
East facing windows aren't going to happen unfortunately as thats the side that the garage doors will be on.

Ceilings will definitely be at least 10 feet, and 12 if the cost isn't much different, as my last shop had 8 ft and that was uncomfortably low.

Overhead outlets both 110 and 220 will be planned.
I do plan on putting wiring behind walls, not exposed, may even run some conduit to future proof.
I want to have it set up to be used as a garage for when we need to sell this house, hopefully many years down the road.

Closet for Air compressor and DC is a good idea also.

I hadn't thought of the foam insulation under the slab, but now is definitely the time to be planning for that.

Garage doors will be insulated, I know that won't be as weather proof as wall, but after looking at houses over the last several years, I don't want to build something that is so taste specific to me that it will be hard to sell down the road.

Electric and water are going to be closer directly from the incoming supply than trenching from the house, so I won't be opening a trench to run conduit from house to shop.
I'm looking at using a ubiquiti point to multipoint solution for getting internet to shop so I can use pandora and probably wire a couple cameras into the home network.

For cross ventilation, I think I am going to just rely on a some windows on the opposite wall from Garage doors.

As far as timber framing, I really like it and if I had more time than money, I'd probably buy a sawmill and build as big a barn as I could imagine and my muscles would build.
I am in the phase of life where I have more money than time, as I work between 50-60 hrs a week, so I am going to have this built. Otherwise It would take me several years to build.

Thank you all for the suggestions, and keep them coming, I'm early in the planning phase and want to get as much of it done right the first time as possible.

Duke