Easy Wood Tools needs demonstrators
Easy Wood Tools is looking to hire part time turning demonstartors for shows and clubs around the country. I got this email from them and thought I would share it here.

Demonstrators Wanted

While I have no current business dealings with Easy Wood Tools, I did do some work for them in the past. They are a good company to deal with. I thought this may be of value to some of you.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Hmm..... I'm going to have to think hard about this.

I wonder if the demo video has to be you using EWT?
(01-16-2018, 10:15 AM)crokett™ Wrote: Hmm.....   I'm going to have to think hard about this.  

LOL... odds are good.

Before I learned how to actually use lathe tools, I bought some EWT, thinking it would be a way to go. But, it really didn't work that way. I use the EWT very seldom now.

But they are great for putting the 2 little rings, in the bottom of the bowl.
(01-16-2018, 10:15 AM)crokett™ Wrote: Hmm.....   I'm going to have to think hard about this.  

I would be quite sure of that if they are paying you to talk and demonstrate their tools you have to be using them.

I know Craig is a nice guy and sold it and now manages it and it is nice to see he is doing this.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(01-16-2018, 02:31 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I would be quite sure of that if they are paying you to talk and demonstrate their tools you have to be using them.

I know Craig is a nice guy and sold it and now manages it and it is nice to see he is doing this.

Not trying to speak for Crockett but he was asking if you had to use their tools in the demo video you have to send in if you're interested.
(01-16-2018, 03:05 PM)FrankAtl Wrote: Not trying to speak for Crockett but he was asking if you had to use their tools in the demo video you have to send in if you're interested.

Correct.  I have a couple shop-made carbide tools.  I don't own any EWT.
(01-16-2018, 03:08 PM)crokett™ Wrote: Correct.  I have a couple shop-made carbide tools.  I don't own any EWT.

For the demo video, I would say no, knowing what I know of EWT.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Sounds like sales of EWT’s falling off due to competition from other makers & others making their own carbide tools. Without knowing how much the demonstration job paid would not go out and buy their tools! Not knocking EWT’s just don’t want to buy any even thou lots of turners have them.
Bill
I have the mid round scraper and I use it all the time. The drawback is the cutters only last so long even with sharpening them yourself.

I wouldn’t get the rougher or the detail ones but would look at the hollowing tools.

If they want to move more tools the need to lower the price of the cutters. At 15 bucks a pop it’s pretty expensive if you use the tools regularly.
Don
(01-16-2018, 03:05 PM)FrankAtl Wrote: Not trying to speak for Crockett but he was asking if you had to use their tools in the demo video you have to send in if you're interested.

Frank

And hence my answer.  If they pay him to demonstrate their tools you would have to use their tools and I am quite sure they would give you the tools to use also.

Crockett

I would not wait, call them today if you wish to do the job. It will help you and help them and someone else might get it in your area if you wait to long.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.