My review of Bosch's cheapest current ROS
I like Bosch and just bought another set of drill/ impact set. My experience with the ROS is it worked great but the pads are worthless. Bought OEM pads. The loops are to short and therefore will not hold the sandpaper. 3 months later I bought another one and after a hour or 2 the paper flies off. I read several reviews stating the same thing from users. Looked at new ones at Lowes and they had short loops also. Too much for a sander that sends paper flying.
Really liked it but went with a Dewalt. So far it holds paper well at least.

Just my thoughts,
Forest
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted- then used against you.
Nice review, I agree with what you said about the sander - that was my initial experience as well...  I had it for less than a year with the vibration seemingly increasing every time I used it after awhile.  Came on slowly so I didn't really notice it until I got into a bigger project and after sanding for about a half hour, my hand was numb.  At that point I started noticing the sander was getting real hard to control.  Spent some time looking at the sander and noticed the pad was swirling a LOT more than normal...the bottom bearing/bushing or whatever it was had worn out and I could actually push the pad about 3/16" off center in any direction.  Since the sander was less than a year old, and I really didn't like the unique vacuum attachment so I chunked the sander in the trash and bought the more expensive Bosch.  Haven't looked back - night and day difference in sanding quality and vibration.... but it was a lot more money.  Hope you have better luck than I did.
MKM - Master Kindling Maker
(01-19-2018, 11:30 PM)Bit_Fiddler Wrote: Nice review, I agree with what you said about the sander - that was my initial experience as well...  I had it for less than a year with the vibration seemingly increasing every time I used it after awhile.  Came on slowly so I didn't really notice it until I got into a bigger project and after sanding for about a half hour, my hand was numb.  At that point I started noticing the sander was getting real hard to control.  Spent some time looking at the sander and noticed the pad was swirling a LOT more than normal...the bottom bearing/bushing or whatever it was had worn out and I could actually push the pad about 3/16" off center in any direction.  Since the sander was less than a year old, and I really didn't like the unique vacuum attachment so I chunked the sander in the trash and bought the more expensive Bosch.  Haven't looked back - night and day difference in sanding quality and vibration.... but it was a lot more money.  Hope you have better luck than I did.

Considering my Porter Cable did me well for over 9 years, I REALLY hope this doesn't happen with mine.
Near future projects:

-Curly Maple display case
-Jatoba and Quilted Maple dresser