Gloat Worthy?
You're kidding, right?  That is a huge gloat of a drill press.
That is an awesome gloat. Any free machine like that absolutely qualifies in my book.  Did it come with a table?  I don't see one in the pics. Not that it is required considering the price you paid.  Wow!! Congrats.
(01-18-2018, 02:34 PM)MoreToolsForMe Wrote: Hey Folks,
Not sure if a drill press can qualify for a gloat, but my neighbor recently "GAVE" me a Powermatic 1150, variable speed drill press! 

You gotta figure out what you can do for him; that's worth snowblowing his driveway for at least 5 years... nice neighbor.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I have the same machine. Love it. My machine
had a previous owner who replaced all the bearings and
THEN decided to sell it off. boo hoo....

Table on mine came with a unique addition to raise and lower.
A Harbor Freight trailer jack, mounted upside down to the
column, wheel removed, with the "ears" that normally hold the
wheel in place resting against the bottom of the part of the table
that rides up and down the column.

Works great. However, as mentioned above, the stroke on them
is so long, I rarely have to move the table anyway.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
(01-19-2018, 03:07 PM)Admiral Wrote: You gotta figure out what you can do for him; that's worth snowblowing his driveway for at least 5 years... nice neighbor.

Yeah, that would be a good one, as we live in Las Vegas andI'd bet there's not one snow blower in town!
Big Grin We are on a small Cul De Sac and everyone helps each other out, shares tools, barbecues and beers! I'll definitely figure out a way to take care of him!

(01-19-2018, 09:54 PM)MarkSingleton Wrote: I have the same machine. Love it. My machine
had a previous owner who replaced all the bearings and
THEN decided to sell it off. boo hoo....

Table on mine came with a unique addition to raise and lower.
A Harbor Freight trailer jack, mounted upside down to the
column, wheel removed, with the "ears" that normally hold the
wheel in place resting against the bottom of the part of the table
that rides up and down the column.

Works great. However, as mentioned above, the stroke on them
is so long, I rarely have to move the table anyway.

I've seen pics of that trick and it's on my list of maybes. I also have thought of making a little "shelf" out of 4" or 5" angle iron and fastening it to the column with U-Bolts and mounting a small hydraulic bottle jack to it. I'm really stoked that the table does not have a swivel/tilt function, so it is always "dead nuts" square to the chuck. I just finished putting in all new wire and adding a retirement light! I also added a 12" X 17" piece of white Corian for a working table top, for when I'm not using a vise. My best bud and bassist in my band works for a countertop installer and can get all the Corian cutoffs I could ever want. When I get a hair up my butt, Ill likely make a table with a fence and one or two T-Slot rails in it. I'll post some finished pics when I get a chance.

Thanks Folks,
Gene
Gene

"Gettin' Old Ain't For Sissies"
Nicely done 
Cool

Old Powermatic tools are my favorite
Yes
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
Congrats! I'm so jelly  
Yes
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
That deserves a 

[Image: bill-murray-you-suck.jpg]