How long does dangerous dust remain in the air
(01-27-2018, 01:54 AM)wrb Wrote: I got curious about the effectiveness of my dust collector (Oneida Dust Gorilla, 2.5hp) and air filter (Jet). Based on my measurements using Dylos Pro, the air is significantly cleaner when running the air filter and dust collector or Festool vac depending on the tool while woodworking compared to baseline ambient air prior to starting woodworking.  My conclusion from this is that as long as you have good quality filters and accomplish dust capture at the source, it is possible to reduce the impact of wood dust on air quality substantially.  

Do you own the Dylos Pro?

In the past I was too cheap to spend $200 on a tool that does not measure or cut.  It might not be a bad investment in knowing if my (still in the process) dust collection is working or when i can take off my dust mask.
A carpenter's house is never done.
Yes, I own a Dylos Pro. My son has allergies so I wanted to measure effectiveness of the HEPA filter in his bedroom as well as the air quality in my shop. While it does not get used all the time, I feel it was worth the investment. I may sell it in the future now that I have a good understanding of effectiveness of my system.