alternatives to very expensive long drawer slides?
What other said about wheels under the drawer, a pair under the front and another pair under the rear.

Since the wheels will bear the weight, I am thinking the bearings and square tubing is not needed.  Just some furniture trolleys on the side, to keep the drawer centered and to keep the friction from making it stiff.

Two on each side at the the rear of the drawer (one high, one low) and two on each side of the cabinet at the front (one high, one low).  Mount them so that the rear mounted trolleys will slide past the front mounted trolleys.

[Image: 41W4v7IDBuL._AC_US240_QL65_.jpg]
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
Amazon sells the shafts for the rollerblade wheels:

https://www.amazon.com/SCStyle-Inline-Sk...8K2NYF867C

[Image: 61beQlnuOGL._SL1500_.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(01-19-2018, 12:20 PM)Lynden Wrote: Bearings and 1-inch square steel tubing attached to both sides of the drawer to ride between the bearings.

[Image: IMG_1190.JPG]

I'm still leaning toward the approach here with square aluminum tubing. I think I'm gonna make a quick and dirty prototype to see how the action "feels" so to speak and how much extension I could get away with. My gut says it will work quite well
(01-22-2018, 01:38 PM)mound Wrote: I'm still leaning toward the approach here with bearings and square aluminum tubing. I think I'm gonna make a quick and dirty prototype to see how the action "feels" so to speak and how much extension I could get away with. My gut says it will work quite well

Here's the thread the picture came from. It might have some useful information.

http://forum.expeditionportal.com/thread...g-Platform