Pagoda
This is "Pagoda" Quarter Sawn Sapele & Curly Maple 10 1/2" D x 10 1/2" T

Attached Files Image(s)

I like that! Well done.
Very Nice Indeed ! More pictures of the inside and bottom of the top, would be great.
Thank you Frank and Midwestman here's a few other shots while making it and w/ out the back drop.

Attached Files Image(s)

I hope to be turning in the next few weeks but with the work done lately by others I do not think I want to post mine.
Crazy

Do you have any good hints or ways to tell me how to do staves?  Do you have a sled or jig or how do you make them?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(01-19-2018, 07:16 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I hope to be turning in the next few weeks but with the work done lately by others I do not think I want to post mine.
Crazy

Do you have any good hints or ways to tell me how to do staves?  Do you have a sled or jig or how do you make them?
I show how I do them on WTR under segmenting look here Arlin http://www.woodturnersresource.com/cgi-b...1503835768

I don't have a fancy set up as you'll see: once you figure how many pieces you want in your project; slices of pie if you will then it's a matter of how much angle on each piece both sides. It doesn't take much to change  the hight or rise of the project for this I go hit or miss until I get what I want.
Bruce,
I clicked the link and see the write up you did but there are no pictures. Can you post pictures here?

Thanks!
(01-20-2018, 02:07 PM)FrankAtl Wrote: Bruce,
I clicked the link and see the write up you did but there are no pictures. Can you post pictures here?

Thanks!

Here you go Frank hope this helps I don't use any type of calculator to figure my staves and I just set my stops for each project as seen in these photos.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks Bruce! Now I get what you were saying.
(01-21-2018, 02:01 PM)FrankAtl Wrote: Thanks Bruce! Now I get what you were saying.

Your welcome Frank.