Paul Hamler, a genius if I ever met one
Thumbs Up 
Many of you have seen Paul's incredible work here on WN and on Youtube..He makes fabulous replicas of many rare tools {and firearms} in miniature and to exact scale....Here's one that I think he just put out in which he shows his method of splicing abrasive belts..something I have tried many, many times and have yet to accomplish!!!!!
Upset In this video, it looks like Paul has done something that will be a big money saver to many of us...The part I am referring to starts about 20 in the video...He also shows a small sanding block that he designed and built and is in the process of having them manufactured for sale, but you may be able to use his idea and make one of your own in the size you need. It uses a spliced belt..and allows you to use the entire belt, not just a portion of it...Excellent for tool rehab..
Take a look a this video, I think you will enjoy it and maybe come away with something that can be useful to you..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkVuVbkS...ubs_digest
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Thanks Jack!  Lots of good info on a number of things.  I was constantly stopping the video to scribble down notes and see more detail.  This is the kind of guy you hope moves in next door to you.

Lonnie
(01-19-2018, 08:37 PM)Mr Eddie Wrote: Thanks Jack!  Lots of good info on a number of things.  I was constantly stopping the video to scribble down notes and see more detail.  This is the kind of guy you hope moves in next door to you.

Lonnie
I agree Lonnie..Paul has been blessed with God given mechanical insight and ability..I am so glad to see him making videos to share with like minded wood and metal crafters.
Check out some of his other videos.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(01-19-2018, 11:15 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: .............
I agree Lonnie..Paul has been blessed with God given mechanical insight and ability..I am so glad to see him making videos to share with like minded wood and metal crafters.
Check out some of his other videos.

Interesting video. He uses the same etch process I use. It is a bit tedious to be precise, and those templates can get expensive, but works well on most metals. Different salt solutions for different metals as well. Thanks for posting.
BontzSawWorks.net