shop furnace vent question
(01-22-2018, 11:10 AM)fredhargis Wrote: How long did you wait after you first powered it up? It may have had to go through some diagnostics/set up procedures before ti fired. BTW, I just installed a Sterling GG heater (owned by the same parent co. as the BM you have) and the transformer in it hums audibly as well. I'm not happy about it (my last one didn't have that hum) but's it's not unusual for a transformer to do that. The last one was installed about 6 years ago (different shop) and they may have had a higher quality transformer back then.

I gave each try a few minutes. Enough time to climb the ladder and poke around a bit. I assumed my issue was electrical since other than the transformer hum, I had no action, but then I noticed the "business as normal" LED blinking it's code. This furnace does sound a little different than the Hot Dawg it replaced. Maybe a little louder, but mostly just a matter of getting used to it. The build quality looks to be on par or better. Certainly not the loudest machine in the shop! Thanks Fred.
(01-22-2018, 11:28 AM)ed kerns Wrote: I gave each try a few minutes. Enough time to climb the ladder and poke around a bit. I assumed my issue was electrical since other than the transformer hum, I had no action, but then I noticed the "business as normal" LED blinking it's code. This furnace does sound a little different than the Hot Dawg it replaced. Maybe a little louder, but mostly just a matter of getting used to it. The build quality looks to be on par or better. Certainly not the loudest machine in the shop! Thanks Fred.

After it cools down completely, like hours later, how long does it wait to fire again when you turn it on or turn up the thermostat.  It's not just a blower delay from a temperature switch, is it?
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(01-22-2018, 11:45 AM)TDKPE Wrote: After it cools down completely, like hours later, how long does it wait to fire again when you turn it on or turn up the thermostat.  It's not just a blower delay from a temperature switch, is it?

After the initial start up about 24 hours ago, I haven't had any issues. It was just that first time out of the box that it took a long time to do anything.
Was it purging the line to get gas to it
(01-22-2018, 12:30 PM)fixtureman Wrote: Was it purging the line to get gas to it
Maybe. I purged the line all the way to the union at the furnace, but no doubt there was still a little air in the valve. I thought these units did a blower purge before they attempted to fire. Mine did nothing but hum (transformer).