Daily Bench Shot
I love building splined miter boxes but I hate cutting the splines and grooves because I never get them *just* right so I'm building a dovetail spline jig from a video on YouTube.

Almost done.

https://youtu.be/FRemSi82cWs

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

(04-11-2019, 08:09 PM)Bill_de Wrote: That's quite an undertaking. I hope you post a picture of the finished project.

--

Lol, yes, it's quite a job, but it is getting easier and quicker as I figure it out.  Here's the column from my bench shot, I put it up on Saturday.  The greatest compliment I could ask for was my wife did not realize it was new because it looks basically identical to the others!

Four down (I mean, up), a mere twenty six more to go.

Attached Files Image(s)

"Yes, of course duct tape works in a near-vacuum. Duct tape works anywhere. Duct tape is magic and should be worshiped." Andy Weir (in his book The Martian)
Done, finished, mobile and out in the unfinished side of the shop to off-gas.

Went quick and dirty on the finish with 2 coats of Deft Lacquer....was able to do it near an open door but dam that stuff stinks.  
Dead

Ed

Attached Files Image(s)

I finished the dovetail spline jig and put it to use last night. It's a joy.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

First coat of lacquer after sanding to 220. I'm digging the dovetail spline effect.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Cool
Lookin good
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(04-18-2019, 08:04 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: I finished the dovetail spline jig and put it to use last night.  It's a joy.

That turned out great!
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
Last night I threw together a simple hanger for a piece of blown glass we bought two years ago.

Tested it on the garage wall.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Tell her you are leaving it in the garage, and see what happens...
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Some mitered boxes, the big one has cherry slip feathers.
The tray in the large aromatic cedar box drops down on a cushion of air.
One more tray to make, and they will all get Shellac and GF Arm-R-Seal.

Attached Files Image(s)

Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.