Daily Bench Shot
(10-08-2019, 10:45 AM)jstraw Wrote: Wife requested a box for a gift.  She had specific requests that I was afraid would look busy.  I decided to make two different boxes at the same time, using similar materials.  She can pick the one she likes the best.  Wood used were solid cherry and walnut, plus cherry and copper veneer. Still not sure about the design, but it’s been a fun project to experiment with both wood and copper veneer.  All that is left is hinge installation and I can get these off my bench.

[Image: full]

Those turned out real sweet. Nice job indeed.

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Decided to just service my saws twin while I was at it. Wore out a bar oiler gear after 36 years.
Crazy

Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(10-21-2019, 02:03 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Decided to just service my saws twin while I was at it. Wore out a bar oiler gear after 36 years.
Crazy

that's what happens when you won't pay the price of a quality product
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(10-21-2019, 05:36 PM)Bob10 Wrote: that's what happens when you won't pay the price of a quality product

Yep. Warranty didn't cover it after 36.
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Well....seems the chinese can't make replacement oiler gears the correct size for my saws.
This new gear lasted a couple of days then stripped. Took it out and it measures .060 under size OD compared to the original gear.
So far I haven't found a new OEM gear that is manufactured in the states. Several used ones
but......

Been using my twin backup saw.
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I'm not building but I'm making great progress getting my shop finished. Two walls done now. Insulation, drywall, primer, semi-gloss white. I'm amazed at how much brighter the work space is already!

Empty space over the breaker box allows access to add external power circuits as I realize I missed a couple before putting the drywall up.

For the coming weeks, the next two walls are my work bench.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Lookin good Brad. Now you can get your tool calender's/banners hung up.
Smile
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

My work bench is still my shop walls. Insulation and drywall are creeping around the room. Hoping to finish this wall by the time the Thanksgiving weekend is over.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

And speaking of work benches, I'm designing a Roubo built wholly from BB ply.

Why?

Quick and inexpensive when compared to solid wood. It won't be my last, I know. I got the inspiration for BB from Paul Sellers on YT.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad