Daily Bench Shot
I’d expect more from one with such fine taste in handtools. Is Blaine still around?

(01-21-2018, 04:05 PM)Kansas City Fireslayer Wrote: I’d expect more from one with such fine taste in handtools.  Is Blaine still around?

Ha Ha, well there is a time and place for everything; exotic beer is best had at a bar, micro breweries, and that is very nice.  Standard beer, well, I "head for the mountains!"
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
You know, once Edwin complimented me on how clean of a shop I had. :0 :o

Whatever, it’s project season down here and the chainsaw repair business is booming too.

I have an interesting project in the works here that I will be posting on after it is finished. Might be the greatest thing I have built yet.

---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
Lookin good.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-20-2018, 08:23 PM)EdL Wrote: The usual....

(01-21-2018, 09:30 AM)jteneyck Wrote: Ed, that's an awesome looking shop.  And I like the cat, too.  Is that a Bobcat sitting in the back?  I'd be jealous beyond belief if it is.  I'm already jealous of all the space.  

John

Cute Kitty - Is that a little Maine Coon gal? I'm with John on the Bobcat; always coveted one!

Doug
(01-21-2018, 10:20 AM)Ron Brese Wrote: Parts for a shooting board plane. This is a joint venture with engraver Catharine Kennedy. Parts are masked and ready for the engraving of the interior surfaces. The parts will then come back to me for assembly and then back to Catharine to engrave the exterior surfaces, and then back to me for final touches, tuning and photography. Everything is brass except for the knob and iron. Final result is a brass bodied plane engraved inside and out.

[Image: maskedparts.jpg]

Would love to see some pics of this plane when it's finished! Maybe a few more of the build?

Doug

Once I get off my arse and commit to building my wood shop (detached garage) my first project is going to be building a new workbench but in the meantime I'm working in my attached garage that was converted to a room so everything I have is portable or on wheels so I can move it out of the way.

My current project is a set of Hickory side tables (for myself) and it's the first mortise and tenon joinery I've done (no more pocket screws).  I also had to build a tapering jig to taper the table legs.  My first tool I'm going to get for my shop is a decent table saw that is fixed to the ground rather than on wheels. 
Yes
Ed,  I can't say you are the only one in the world who has a bobcat in their shop, but my guess is that there are less than a handful of shops that have both a bobcat and an oriental rug within a few feet of each other.  Nice work.
(01-24-2018, 12:40 AM)Tapper Wrote: Thanks, I'll make a point of posting pics as it progresses,

Ron

Would love to see some pics of this plane when it's finished! Maybe a few more of the build?

Doug
"which plane should I use for this task?......the sharp one"

http://www.breseplane.blogspot.com/
(01-24-2018, 06:59 AM)barryvabeach Wrote: Ed,  I can't say you are the only one in the world who has a bobcat in their shop, but my guess is that there are less than a handful of shops that have both a bobcat and an oriental rug within a few feet of each other.  Nice work.

Laugh The Bobcat is usually in an unheated barn, until winter, it's happier being warm.

The rug was a loml reject, provides a storage place for my workbench counterweight.

Ed

Attached Files Image(s)