Daily Bench Shot

Attached Files Image(s)

Steve, I see your shop helper has his back turned to the work. 
No

EdL, did someone die leaving all those clothes behind?
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
Have to rotate the hats / gloves with the cold temps and what I'm doing outside that I don't want to be doing.

Have carhats hung all over too.

Eda

Cool

Livin' and learnin'. The few really cold days here I don't go out unless absolutely necessary.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
Working on the drawbore pegs for the 9' x 45" Farm Style Dining table I have been working on, this lumber is from a 150 year old dairy barn, this lumber is from the barn floor.  

I will have them installed today and then some final sanding and finish.

[Image: kil-TQDz-YRwu-VD97aal-Ac7w.jpg]

[Image: m-K7-JFl0x-Q-c-Bbg-IN56f7g.jpg]

I will be glad to have this done so I can have my shop space back
Smile

John
Formerly known as John's Woodshop

Cool

(01-31-2019, 09:48 AM)Redman Wrote:
Cool

Cool 

+1 for John's table
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

+2
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Now, just some final sanding and then this piece is ready for the finishing room
Smile

[Image: bo-CQhlkf-Rx-Ok-Nej-Nx8n-I8-Q.jpg]

I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Due to my shoulder replacements I had to take it slow.  I use to not like working like this, I liked to get the projects done and move on to the next one, but I have found this pace to be much more relaxing.  Once this is done, I will get my shop and my Family Room (That is where the base for the table is) back!  
Smile
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
Polishing my...

Block plane blade!  Was a bit bored and didn't really have a lot of time to do much in the shop last night.  So pulled out the set of diamond paste syringes I got off eBay a few years ago and went to work on the back of a LN102 blade.  LN finishes them off at somewhere around p400 grit equivalent which is in the neighborhood of 40 micron (um).  The paste kit starts at 40um and ends at 0.5um.  The cheaper green stropping crayons are around 5-10um.  This is of course if you can believe the labels...

Just a dot of the paste is needed.  I cut up strips of copier paper and they (usually) stick all by themselves to my granite plate.  Then you work through the grits.  When the paper changes color from the dye in the oil to nearly solid black, you are probably done with that grit.

Good way to kill 30 minutes or so.  It goes very quickly.

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin