Daily Bench Shot
(02-09-2019, 11:42 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Must be a popular topic. Approaching 100,000 views.
Winkgrin

Well what do'ya know. And it's not even a post count thread.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
(02-10-2019, 10:36 AM)Redman Wrote: Well what do'ya know. And it's not even a post count thread.

Thankfully
Laugh

Parts cut for our small pantry cab

Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Was at the KCWG shop today as the "Foreman".  Started pretty slow so I had time to do some jig building.  Decided to jump on the "kumiko" bandwagon.

Got four jigs made and a start on an "asa no ha" pattern as a test.  This is the pattern that keeps showing up in various woodworking posts.  There are hundreds of patterns.  Got some information on more of them coming.  

Each triangle in this pattern gets three more pieces that I hope to have time this week to cut.  Then do a little clean up and I'll have a nifty giant coaster or something...

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
(02-10-2019, 10:24 PM)Rob Young Wrote: Was at the KCWG shop today as the "Foreman".  Started pretty slow so I had time to do some jig building.  Decided to jump on the "kumiko" bandwagon.

Got four jigs made and a start on an "asa no ha" pattern as a test.  This is the pattern that keeps showing up in various woodworking posts.  There are hundreds of patterns.  Got some information on more of them coming.  

Each triangle in this pattern gets three more pieces that I hope to have time this week to cut.  Then do a little clean up and I'll have a nifty giant coaster or something...
Rob,

Great job!   

Mike Pekovich is going to be giving a class for that at the Marc Adams School of woodworking in Indiana which I was hoping to attend, unfortunately that class is sold out for this year
Sad
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
(02-11-2019, 08:35 AM)Belle City Woodworking Wrote: Rob,

Great job!   

Mike Pekovich is going to be giving a class for that at the Marc Adams School of woodworking in Indiana which I was hoping to attend, unfortunately that class is sold out for this year
Sad

Yes. I am not planning to take the class as I'd rather figure it out for myself.

You can put your name on the wait list should there be a cancellation.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
(02-07-2019, 07:34 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Yes. Opted to fix as a sheet of cherry is a hundred.
Uhoh 

I bought 60 sheets about 15 years ago, and it's about gone. Just about enough left to finish my own kitchen, which has been ongoing for.......mmmm I forget.
Uhoh

You hid the nail holes really well, son....I can barely see 'em.......
Uhoh
Laugh
Laugh
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(02-11-2019, 02:24 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: ...........................
You hid the nail holes really well, son....I can barely see 'em.......
Uhoh  
Laugh  
Laugh

Thanks Pops.
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

We’re updating the half wall in our rental.
Years ago, my FIL and I built this kitchen using black cherry.
The cap on the half wall needed to be replaced and Judy asked me to make it a breakfast bar.

All made from locally milled black cherry.
Currently, it’s got shellac on the new section; we’re going to put GF semi-gloss varnish on.

Attached Files Image(s)

Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
This part was a little tricky:

Attached Files Image(s)

Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.

Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020