Daily Bench Shot
Ya'll have been busy. Keep up the great work
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

No actually woodwork here today. Just needed to open up arbor holes in some edger blades. Well there is some woodwork I guess. Plywood backup, scrap wood blocking and Bessey clamps and a few wood shavngs 
Big Grin . I like lot of clamps and hold downs. 45 yrs in a machine shop and still got all my body parts.

[Image: 100_3435.jpg]" />
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
What brand of bit you got there Red
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-05-2020, 11:20 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: What brand of bit you got there Red
Winkgrin

Irwin from HD, running at less than 50 SFPM or 305 rpm. Actual 250 rpm or about 40 Sfpm, that's a little slow but, no coolant,  no cutting oil and hand feed very slow so as not to have much pressure when it breaks thru so that the work doesn't try to climb the bit. Lots of backlash in the spindle rack and pinion. Know your 'chines.

Normal speed would be around 70 SFPM, rpm? call it 400/450.

http://www.tapdie.com/html/sfm_to_rpm-_s...inute.html
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
Getting some samples ready for a demo of the Shaper Origin handheld CNC at the Kansas City Woodworkers' Guild on April 4th.  

Cutting custom inlay shapes and fitting them is a particular forte of the Shaper Origin (SO). And one quick way to add a little variety to a project is to get the dutchman from one of the repositories of free SVG artwork. In this case I'm going for a "fishman" instead of "dutchman". 

Worked very well but one issue to keep in mind (and I had a feeling this would pop up) is that unless you carefully review the outline, there may be portions that can't be cut due to the radius of the bit. Easy enough to fix in software like Affinity Designer or Adobe Illustrator but I wanted to see how it would work without fixing. I can get 0.8mm cutters (that's 1/32" of an inch, more or less) so an inside radius of 1/64" is possible. Worked pretty well. Especially if you wet things down and bishop the fibers (whack them with a metal hammer) to push them into the gap.
Smile

Now I'm thinking about making a few more fish and maybe doing a little scene with coral, bubbles, etc.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin

Cool

+17

Technically this was from last week but made a Chinese Checkers board game with the Shaper Origin. Did the engraving of the starting triangles, all the round bottom holes (this bit) and finally cut out the outline. Sand a bit and hit it with some wipe-on poly and done.

Did a few test cuts using the round bottom bit to get the holes just right so the 14mm marbles fit well without being too loose because the hole is too big or rolling off because the hole was too small.

Shortly after the 2nd photo, Jake lost his marbles and attacked the board. He really loves playing with anything that rolls and scoots around on the floor. Marbles, coffee beans, pencils, bottle caps, bugs...
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin

Cool
Cool 

Looking good Rob. Yes, that cat sure has an eye on that board
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

[Image: a6898EZ.jpg]
he not busy being born,
Is busy dying.
--Bob Dylan
Shocked 
Worked with my son yesterday and today I finished up a pantry door for a built-in pantry for his place.  Tried to match the look of the existing doors.   Not an exact match but close enough once it gets painted that most people won't notice.

Used a lot of tips/tricks this forum has taught me so thanks to all those who contribute their knowledge and wisdom.

Attached Files Image(s)