Daily Bench Shot
  Re: Daily Bench Shot by Stwood_ (Post away. Give me a...)
Might be too light of a color, but has characteristics of some gum lumber I had years ago
John
From what I've seen around here, my guess is soft maple.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Cottonwood Laugh I use it frequently for shop projects that'll get beat up.

Ed
Wuz gonna suggest cottonwood. I've milled a ton of it.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Assembled it yesterday, thinking about selling it as a steampunk entertainment center, the frame is black pipe. Should get what? 3k?

Ed

Oughta go for 5G's Ed.............
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

First time I've posted in this thread.  Been working on this dresser in earnest for several weeks now.  Daughter and her fiance asked me to make them a suite of bedroom furniture, and this is their design.  Since they came up with the dimensions and the overall look, I had to figure out how to build it.  

Massive dresser/armoire.  42" wide for the bare carcase; 52 inches tall once the top is added.  10 drawers and they spec'd out bearing glides.  Glides not so tough for narrower drawers, but those 38.5" wide drawers got a bit finicky.  Being that wide, any imperfections in the parallel sides were magnified, or so it seemed.  Now, only need to fit 10 drawer fronts. 

I was going to use poplar for the drawer boxes, but I underestimated the need and so opted for the pile of wide pine I've had hanging around in the shop for nearly five years.

Then it's on to a king-size headboard, night stands, and a cheval mirror.   Crazy

Lookin good WxMan. Cool

Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery