Daily Bench Shot
Anticipating our first big dump of snow on Tuesday.  Had to push some odds and ends out of the way to make room for the snow handling equipment; that stuff normally sits in the unheated machine shed until needed.

Loaded 140 pounds of sand on the back of the ATV for ballast.

I ain't skeered...
(01-19-2018, 07:10 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Post away. Give me a picture of what's on your workbench today.
Daily, weekly, whatever. Come on, what is laying there you are working on, or need to put up that's in the way.
Laugh 

Here's mine today. Not much going on, just a table to repair the leg on.

starting the build of another pair of nightstands, based on the Greene and Greene table featured a few years ago in Woodsmith Magazine. The pieces pictured here now have two coats of BLO/turpentine, will get four or five coats of garnet shellac before assembly. Legs will get tapered cut only when all trial assembly/fitting have been done, as they're much easier to clamp without requiring tapered shims, and will get tapered and finished just prior to final assembly. Quite a few more pieces to get cut and finished as well.

Attached Files Image(s)

No wood projects on the bench today. Hasn't been for a while. Too many other ToDo projects.

New gearbox for the bushhog mower.
A chainsaw down for repair.

Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I have been using my scaffolding for years as a clamp rack in my shop.
Now I have a real use for it so out it goes.
It is not coming back.... 
Looks like time for a clamp rack 
Crazy

Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
(01-01-2021, 04:51 PM)2beast Wrote: I have been using my scaffolding for years as a clamp rack in my shop.
Now I have a real use for it so out it goes.
It is not coming back.... 
Looks like time for a clamp rack 
Crazy

Yea, I'd say so.
Laugh

My clamps are either on wall racks, on the sides of benches just under the edge of the top, or laying on a shelf under a roll around cart.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

The Bench build continues.....

[Image: IMG-0204.jpg]

The clamps are on there so I could see how they would come together in the glue up.  I am going to glue these up in sections of 4 so I can run them trough the jointer after glue up.  You are looking at the bottom side of the bench.  The bench will be 7' in length and have a LN 24" twin screw face vise and a LN Sliding tail vise.  

This is not an easy project for a guy with two replaced shoulders 
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
Looks heavy already........
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-03-2021, 07:30 AM)Belle City Woodworking Wrote: The Bench build continues.....

[Image: IMG-0204.jpg]

The clamps are on there so I could see how they would come together in the glue up.  I am going to glue these up in sections of 4 so I can run them trough the jointer after glue up.  You are looking at the bottom side of the bench.  The bench will be 7' in length and have a LN 24" twin screw face vise and a LN Sliding tail vise.  

This is not an easy project for a guy with two replaced shoulders 
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

(01-03-2021, 12:57 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Looks heavy already........

It is going to be brutally heavy when it is done!

John
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
(01-04-2021, 10:35 AM)Belle City Woodworking Wrote: It is going to be brutally heavy when it is done!  

John

My back hurts looking at it!  
Laugh

As for me, I'm starting the nightstand build to go with the recently-completed dresser.  Another one of those "We want something that looks like this" specs with accompanying internet pic.  Passed over text on a cell phone.

The 1.5" square stock is for the corner posts of the frame.  Hardwood supplier only had poplar in 4/4, so I had to glue up the posts.  The nightstands will be mostly painted pieces, so poplar was the best choice.  I'm in the middle of morticing the posts.  Going slow since I usually screw things up when I get in a hurry.

Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020