Daily Bench Shot
Nice pairs of bedside tables.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.

Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Went on a clean-up binge, eh?

Got the go-ahead on design of the cheval mirror, so that's next.

Been snowing lightly all day and just got back from town.  Based on the condition of the highway and the drive, tomorrow will be spent pushing snow after I get back from getting vaccinated.
(02-07-2021, 09:26 PM)WxMan Wrote: Went on a clean-up binge, eh?

Yes.
Yes 
Need the assembly table for another shop shelving project.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

It's cold; have the shop heat set at 45 and I know it's running a lot to keep stuff from freezing.  I also keep snow removal machines out there this time of year just so they're easy to start.  I'm sure everything is frozen solid in the machine shed.

I'm going to go easy on shop time for the next ten days because of the cold.  Last propane fill was $1.68/gallon because I've already exhausted my contracted propane amount.  I contracted for 600 gallons, not really understanding how much more I'd use now that I'm semi-retired and not working in town full time; I have a lot more time to spend out there in my playground.

Times like this make me wonder about putting in a wood burner; this too shall pass as I really do the cost/benefit of putting in the ventilation and everything that goes with it, and then buying wood to stuff in it.  I only have three acres of ground, and it's not wooded, so I would have to buy firewood.

Oh well, it's only money.  
Crazy
Crazy
Crazy
Crazy
Crazy
Crazy
(02-09-2021, 09:06 AM)WxMan Wrote: It's cold; have the shop heat set at 45 and I know it's running a lot to keep stuff from freezing.  I also keep snow removal machines out there this time of year just so they're easy to start.  I'm sure everything is frozen solid in the machine shed.

I'm going to go easy on shop time for the next ten days because of the cold.  Last propane fill was $1.68/gallon because I've already exhausted my contracted propane amount.  I contracted for 600 gallons, not really understanding how much more I'd use now that I'm semi-retired and not working in town full time; I have a lot more time to spend out there in my playground.

Times like this make me wonder about putting in a wood burner; this too shall pass as I really do the cost/benefit of putting in the ventilation and everything that goes with it, and then buying wood to stuff in it.  I only have three acres of ground, and it's not wooded, so I would have to buy firewood.

Oh well, it's only money.  
Crazy
Crazy
Crazy
Crazy
Crazy  
Crazy

Yea, most likely not a wise way to go especially if you have to buy firewood. It would take a lot of years for the payback. Triple wall pipe is about a hundred a foot. 6-10' from bottom of ceiling through the roof.....
But you might consider/price a pellet stove. Maybe you could buy bulk corn from a local farmer and burn corn instead of bagged pellets.
Theres been a run on pellets here, so you have to buy early in the year to get those.

Shop shelving unit to match some others.

Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Didn't snap a picture on the bench but another small project done. Really been hard to find time to work on things lately.

But been meaning to make a frame for a small magnetic chalkboard. More scrap and left-over cherry. This stuff really didn't take dye as well as I'd like but still looks OK. Sort of Pottery Barn-ish.

Anyway, done.

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Beginning first clock build

Attached Files Image(s)

Cool!  Keep posting progress pics when available!
They’re finally done.  Secured the tops and installed the hardware.

[Image: full]
John