Daily Bench Shot
The Bench is FINALLY done and in it's spot for now.  I would like to rearrange the shop and put the bench where the assembly table is now.

[Image: IMG-1166.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1168.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1171.jpg]

Now I just have to lay out the holdfast locations and dog hole locations and drill them out.

Just for the record, that bench is way too heavy 
Big Grin
Yes
Laugh
Yes
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
(08-24-2021, 08:42 AM)Belle City Woodworking Wrote: The Bench is FINALLY done and in it's spot for now.  I would like to rearrange the shop and put the bench where the assembly table is now.

[Image: IMG-1166.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1168.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1171.jpg]

Now I just have to lay out the holdfast locations and dog hole locations and drill them out.

Just for the record, that bench is way too heavy 
Big Grin
Yes
Laugh
Yes

Nice bench and setup !
(08-24-2021, 02:22 PM)skeeterk Wrote: Nice bench and setup !

Thank you!!!
DC mostly plumbed in. Waiting for some hose and fitting I didn't have from my old place.

[Image: i-5VS2LRf-M.jpg]
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
One end of a trestle table I'm building.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Brad that is awesome!  I used a similar design on the one I built for a Client.

[Image: IMG-2138.jpg]
(01-19-2018, 07:10 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Post away. Give me a picture of what's on your workbench today.
Daily, weekly, whatever. Come on, what is laying there you are working on, or need to put up that's in the way.
Laugh 

Here's mine today. Not much going on, just a table to repair the leg on.

table top nearing completion. I'd like to include the variety of wood, but I don't remember now what it is. When I ordered a Makita shaper/planer about 30 years ago it came with a "bonus" of 8 boards about 40 inches long of a South American hardwood. I thought it was something like "yara", but I've not been able to find any wood with a name like that. It's been in the shop, moved from one location to another, finally ended up leaning against a wall. I was trying to decide on the variety of wood to use for this project, and figured this might be a good use for the material. After 30 years, the wood was still flat and straight. It's quite heavy. I was concerned about the possibility of wood movement with moisture changes where the "wedges" are 22 inches wide. The only glued area for the segments is for the two inched at the point where they're connected to a 4 1/2" piece of oak. The splines connecting one segment to another are glued into only one of the two segments, and extend 1/4" shy of the bottom of the groove in the adjoining segment and there's 1/4" separation between segments. The individual splines are about 3" in length, with about 1/8" separation between splines. The table base will provide support under the center line of each segment and across the width of each segment.  Each of the four legs has an "ear" that extends up about 1/2" at the edge of the table top to hold the top in place, the top will not be fastened to the base.

Attached Files Image(s)

Finally got around to drilling the dog holes using the layout that Lie-Nielsen suggests....

[Image: IMG-1270.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1275.jpg]

I think I might have overworked this little drill drilling 24 holes through 4" thick hard maple....

[Image: IMG-1269.jpg]
(09-06-2021, 05:20 PM)Aram Wrote: DC mostly plumbed in. Waiting for some hose and fitting I didn't have from my old place.

[Image: i-5VS2LRf-M.jpg]

I really would love to upgrade to that DC piping! Great job!
(09-07-2021, 08:23 AM)Belle City Woodworking Wrote: Brad that is awesome!  I used a similar design on the one I built for a Client.

[Image: IMG-2138.jpg]

Thanks!  The recipient is getting excited as I keep her updated on its progress.  It's been a big learning experience for me.
Semper fi,
Brad