Daily Bench Shot
Bump.....................
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Yesterday's work in my shop:

Built a dual-ended router sled for shaping handles on charcuterie boards. 

Applying finish (again) to a walnut table that I scratched while marking the bottom for the base attachment. 

Not shown:  the hours of cleaning and rearranging that's going on to make my shop more efficient and safer.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

(08-26-2022, 08:06 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Yesterday's work in my shop:

Built a dual-ended router sled for shaping handles on charcuterie boards. 

Applying finish (again) to a walnut table that I scratched while marking the bottom for the base attachment. 

Not shown:  the hours of cleaning and rearranging that's going on to make my shop more efficient and safer.

Now that's an interesting and useful jig!
(08-26-2022, 10:14 AM)Ray Newman Wrote: Now that's an interesting and useful jig!

Oh yeah. Saves *so* much time because I don't have to screw around with taping templates to the stock. I also gives me a very safe and solid entry point for my pattern bit, making it much safer. This jig cuts about 50% off the time required in this stage of production.

Not my idea; I found it on YouTube!

(edit)

Here's the thread where I was trying to figure out a better method: https://forums.woodnet.net/showthread.php?tid=7369474
Semper fi,
Brad

(08-26-2022, 10:30 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Oh yeah.  Saves *so* much time because I don't have to screw around with taping templates to the stock.  I also gives me a very safe and solid entry point for my pattern bit, making it much safer.  This jig cuts about 50% off the time required in this stage of production.

Not my idea; I found it on YouTube!

(edit)

Here's the thread where I was trying to figure out a better method:  https://forums.woodnet.net/showthread.php?tid=7369474

Youtube is an amazing wealth of knowledge.  Biggest obstacle is figuring out how to ask what you want to find
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I'm building a simple trinket shelf for my youngest daughter's room.  And a bread slicing board for a friend from some *really* aromatic wood.  No clue what it is but makes my shop smell like cinnamon.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

I'm applying shellac to the cherry trinket shelf I started last week.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Lookin good ya'll.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(09-25-2022, 05:12 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: I'm building a simple trinket shelf for my youngest daughter's room.  And a bread slicing board for a friend from some *really* aromatic wood.  No clue what it is but makes my shop smell like cinnamon.

I really like the look of that wood in your glue up.
Don't know if this really qualifies as a "bench shot". I spent the better part of an afternoon moving an old camel-back drill press I've had for over 30 years ago that recently tried to migrate from low-speed drive to high-speed drive mode as I was using it, resulting in its removing some teeth from two of the gears required for low-speed (50 rpm!) mode. I checked with multiple companies in the metro area that do gear repair or replacement, estimates for repair or making new gears were in the range of about $2,000. I'd tried operating the drill press in high-speed mode, where the damaged gears would not be involved, and even so there was a noticeable "thump thump thump" coming from the drill press running with no load. So yesterday the project was to move it out of the location it's been in since I got it, making room for a newer drill press that unfortunately won't be a full replacement but at least it can use my collection of MT 3 drill bits. Moving the old one probably would have gone faster if I'd had someone to help with the move, the thing is really heavy.

Attached Files Image(s)