Daily Bench Shot
I hope you aren't needed to move that top in place unless it's thick.  I have a piece that is 2" x 22" x10' I loaded it alone if it had been thinner it would have more than likely snapped.  Heavy for sure

'
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(11-15-2022, 12:43 AM)Bob10 Wrote: I hope you aren't needed to move that top in place unless it's thick.  I have a piece that is 2" x 22" x10' I loaded it alone if it had been thinner it would have more than likely snapped.  Heavy for sure

'

Oh, in my proposal (and now signed contract), I made it clear that I would be delivering the base to their home, placing it in their dining room, and leveling the base, but that I am *not* going to be involved in mounting the top--I don't have the experience or expertise for it.

I also simply don't want to be involved with lifting a 600# slab...though I didn't say that.
Semper fi,
Brad

(11-15-2022, 02:48 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Oh, in my proposal (and now signed contract), I made it clear that I would be delivering the base to their home, placing it in their dining room, and leveling the base, but that I am *not* going to be involved in mounting the top--I don't have the experience or expertise for it.

I also simply don't want to be involved with lifting a 600# slab...though I didn't say that.

It's not the big of a deal if the stone is thick enough to stay in one piece.  If you do it right you never lift all of it at once
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Hope to finish this carving in the next week or so.

(11-26-2022, 01:17 PM)cbygeorge Wrote: Hope to finish this carving in the next week or so.

Impressive, well done!
I'm learning to use the Mortise Master I bought a few weeks back.  Still figuring it out, but I already love it.  Was able to cut eight mortises in 20-ish minutes.  Will get faster once I get more efficient with it. 

10/10 would buy again.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I have a friend that picks up those small rotating storage units every time she gets a chance
I had a full size unit but it didn't work for my set up.

Phil Thien

(12-04-2022, 08:31 PM)Bob10 Wrote: I have a friend that picks up those small rotating storage units every time she gets a chance
I had a full size unit but it didn't work for my set up.

I use it for keeping common used screws when I'm building something on the bench.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Photo 
Unseasonably warm weather here in eastern PA let me take the "workbench" outside.  LOML appreciates that the sparkle won't be inside, this time!

Sizing the top for a small box (the same plan that @Bandit571 used in We have a plan?) out of spalted maple.  Wish I could work as quickly as he does!