Daily Bench Shot
Test fitting M&T joinery on my current build.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Tearing up church pews or rebuilding?
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(12-11-2022, 11:52 PM)Bob10 Wrote: Tearing up church pews or rebuilding?

Repairing one. Some 300# gal went to move it herself and moved the end she picked up too far and twisted the other end and popped it off.
Rolleyes
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-26-2022, 01:17 PM)cbygeorge Wrote: Hope to finish this carving in the next week or so.

Very nice!
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
Building newel posts for the house we are overhauling.
The first woodwork on a huge project

Also a pic of the trim for the house

Greg

Danchris Nursery
(12-12-2022, 06:22 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Repairing one. Some 300# gal went to move it herself and moved the end she picked up too far and twisted the other end and popped it off.
Rolleyes

I hope she was gone before you got there
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Hopefully "in the kiln" qualifies as "on the bench" for this stream . Loaded up about 170 board feet of walnut that i milled about 15 years ago. It's been stickered on a rack  in a pole barn, protected from the weather. Moisture meter shows it at about 14 percent, so it will have to spend a bit over a month in the kiln before it ends up on my bench where some of it will end up as drawer fronts for a Greene-and-Greene inspired dresser.  Quite a bit of this lot resulted in boards 8 to 10 inches wide, and generally quite good quality with very few if any knots. The board shown standing on end is fairly typical of the material in this lot, almost 10 inches wide, a small honeycomb and small split in one end. This tree came from a friend who operates a tree service company.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice batch of walnut 
Yes
Greg

Danchris Nursery
Making headway on my newel posts.
Quartersawn white oak

Greg

Danchris Nursery