Daily Bench Shot
(02-07-2023, 04:37 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: I assume all done by now?

Unfortunately, no.  The legs just arrived today, but they're terribly flawed.  Open glue seams, glue seams that stand proud of the wood, a shattered foot that was badly repaired, and the need for HOURS of sanding to remove milling marks make them an utter failure.  I've reached out to the company that made them. 

They're pretty, though.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Maybe they sat in a warehouse, unfinished, for too long.
Drawing and releasing moisture
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-10-2023, 12:01 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Unfortunately, no.  The legs just arrived today, but they're terribly flawed.  Open glue seams, glue seams that stand proud of the wood, a shattered foot that was badly repaired, and the need for HOURS of sanding to remove milling marks make them an utter failure.  I've reached out to the company that made them. 

They're pretty, though.

That design might be asking a bit too much from the wood.
(03-13-2023, 07:58 AM)Danny in Houston Wrote: That design might be asking a bit too much from the wood.

Nah.  It's just a turning.  They just did a crap job of it.
Semper fi,
Brad

Update:

Will be receiving a refund for these legs.  At $770 shipped, I expected them to be ready for finish, as described. 

They aren't. 

So my customer has decided on some exaggerated curved cabriole legs instead.  I'll start building them next week. 
(03-10-2023, 12:01 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Unfortunately, no.  The legs just arrived today, but they're terribly flawed.  Open glue seams, glue seams that stand proud of the wood, a shattered foot that was badly repaired, and the need for HOURS of sanding to remove milling marks make them an utter failure.  I've reached out to the company that made them. 

They're pretty, though.

But here's one of three leg assemblies for a big trestle base for another customer.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

My bench is too small so I'm beginning assembly of this 89.5x49 trestle base on the floor.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

In the process of remodeling my shop. Everything's a mess!

(04-03-2023, 04:10 PM)FrankAtl Wrote: In the process of remodeling my shop. Everything's a mess!

Mess????? [Image: raised.gif] [Image: yellowbiggrin.gif]
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(04-03-2023, 08:20 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Mess????? [Image: raised.gif] [Image: yellowbiggrin.gif]

Big Grin

Maybe disarray would be a better word. None of those machines in the picture are where they are supposed to be. Most of the crap is piled up on the other side of the shop. I gotta get rid of some stuff!
(03-21-2023, 12:43 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Update:

Will be receiving a refund for these legs.  At $770 shipped, I expected them to be ready for finish, as described...

I just noticed this.  I haven't shopped for pre-made legs in a whole long time, but that seems excessive.  At least.