Portamate lumber rack $19.99 at Lowes
what department/location are these usually found in the store? Storage section?  Lowes doesn't have a location on the website, do they?

how long are the arms?
(01-20-2018, 11:36 AM)johndi Wrote: Saw this deal posted on another forum and thought I would share here.
Lowes has the Portamate lumber rack discounted to $19.99.
Shows as no longer available online but I grabbed one this morning at my local store (Phila.)

23 at the Panama City Beach location, about 10 miles from my house. I'll drive out today and pick up a couple. Thanks for the tip.

r2
(01-24-2018, 10:35 AM)EricU Wrote: what department/location are these usually found in the store? Storage section?  Lowes doesn't have a location on the website, do they?

how long are the arms?

They do tell the item location for available items, but this rack isn't in their website as available anymore. I got them from the hardware aisle in a standalone display (had to ask an employee where they were).

I opened a box last night but didn't measure the arms. I'd guess 10 to 12 inches from the vertical supports to the end of each arm.

Edit during lunch break:
My laser eye is pretty accurate  
Winkgrin
[Image: 39877949141_a09c60fa0d_c_d.jpg]
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
I found them in the storage section. Aisle 46.
Thanks for the tip! Picked up a few. Great deal!
My store said Isle 60 which was the toolbox isle in tools but when i went there they were no where to be seen. I searched and found them in the Garage storage organization isle (forget number but in 30s I believe) with the slat wall and garage shelving. They were under the garageworks items. Look for a Bora box as mentioned above.

Also just  wanted to say thank you for this thread.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

This took off on the Hot Deals thread on LumberJocks! A few skeptics of the brickseek site but most folks found these lumber racks no problem. Plenty o happy campers out there...myself included! Full credit to greatscott and johndi!
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
As for the Brickseek site, it said there were 19 at the store, bought 5. Came back, checked Brickseek again for fun, and the website said 14. Updates quick! Never heard of that website before. Thanks for that tip as well!
(01-24-2018, 08:41 AM)Admiral Wrote: HD has them for $59, I wonder if they'd match the price; none of my local Lowes have any.

This seems to be an annual sale, last year my local Lowes stores were OOS, so I price matched them at HD with no problem, and got the 10% price match discount.
My Brother in Law made something almost exactly like that.  He bought several 2x4's and screwed two of them together and then used my 1" forstner bit and drilled holes in the 2bys and put in some electrical conduit and it works great.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.