Delta tenoning jig model number identification?
Guy on CL has a Delta tenoning jig for sale for $50 but has no idea what model it is.  

Reviews online make me suspicious of newer models but he can only find casting numbers (1345984 and 1345985) on it, no model number.

Should the number be on the jig itself?

Any easy way to id the model?

He didn't post any pix.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
I just sold an older Delta tenoning jig (guessing it was about 10 - 15 yrs old). There were no model numbers on it so I went on-line and finally figured out it was a 34-183 based on photos of models that looked just like mine. Not sure if the newer jigs have model numbers on them but for the older ones you'll need to do some research.
Ask him about weight. If it weighs about  20 +  lbs., it could be the old/vintage Delta tenoning jig Model 1170 or 1172.

See: http://vintagemachinery.org/photoindex/d...px?id=9449 

http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/1141/1550.pdf
Delta Tenoning jig history:

Delta original- that "20lb" monster- was a 34-172/43-170, made in USA

1st far east version, was a 34-182, made in Taiwan.

2nd far east version, was a 34-183, made in China.

There was no distinct difference in the 2 far east versions, and by those 7-digit casting numbers, one of these is what he has.

Hope that helps...
One day, Chuck Norris ordered two pizzas to go.  They went.
Oh yea, the way-back original part numbers were what Ray said: 1170 & 1172..
One day, Chuck Norris ordered two pizzas to go.  They went.