Bandsaw boxes
Anybody build bandsaw boxes? I need some new ideas, let’s see your boxes.

Attached Files Image(s)

I bought my first band saw, a new Laguna 14Dx last year.  What got me inspired was one I saw while looking for something to make for my granddaughter’s B-day.  I think it turned out quite nice.

Attached Files Image(s)

(01-21-2018, 07:28 PM)tomwilson74 Wrote: Anybody build bandsaw boxes?  I need some new ideas, let’s see your boxes.
Tom, I like it!!!  Very nice!  Would you mined if I copied you apple?  I have a daughter that is an into Apple I-phones.

I built this one for my daughter. She is a Graphic Designer and uses Apple products for everything.
My butternut/walnut fishy...

[Image: rvwsjt.jpg]

A box I made for a giveaway on a firearm site that I belong to. Made from a barn beam that another member sent me.
[Image: vepvsk.jpg]

[Image: 5mdzrr.jpg]
(01-21-2018, 07:28 PM)tomwilson74 Wrote: Anybody build bandsaw boxes?  I need some new ideas, let’s see your boxes.

well since February is coming how bout  a simple one

if your looking for more of a challenge

or a bit sassy

How about real harder and a bit whimsical

Try A little turning

[Image: MrsPots3.JPG]

[Image: MrsPots5.JPG][Image: MrsPots6.JPG][Image: MrsPots7.JPG]
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
I have made quite a few over the years, the wife started me out by buying me a book from woodcraft and of course I started with the ones in the book.

This walnut band saw box was a gift to someone who helped Tina thru some serious pain following a major surgery that the drugs wouldn't touch, and he didn't even know it.  Jeff Dunham.  Humor is the best medicine.  I was able to meet him backstage at a local comedy club before he got "real famous."
I told him we both "brought wood back to life." 
Laugh   He sent me an email and told me that the box sat on his desk, and "Peanut" sat on the box.

This is another box from the book, this time in Cherry.  I was getting a feel for the way the designs worked.

I got a little more confidence and decided to try my hand at a design of my own.  My youngest loved dolphins.  This block of wood from another project reminded me of waves, so... it became a one of a kind "dolphin" band saw box for my girl.

A friend in my EMT class asked to see pictures of my woodworking projects, and then asked me to make her hubby a birthday present.  She loved the band saw boxes and thought I could come up with something special. He was the Sergeant Major for the local Air Guard Unit.  Their unit patch contained the Ying/Yang symbol, and wanted me to work that in.  This was twenty years ago, and I came up with this and posted the pic on a couple of forums.  I won't say I was the first... probably not.  But, I hadn't seen another like this before I created mine.  The pulls on this box were made from scrap from the original slab and hand polished to 600 grit, and buffed on my old worn flannel shirt. (while I was wearing it.)  They looked like bone when I was done.

This was the very first time I used the "Hot Stuff CT glue to stabilize a knot, and it looked like it had been inset in glass.

HE was thrilled... both with the box, and with the fact that she thought far enough ahead that I had time to create it.
He put the box on his desk in his office at the Guard's quarters at the Richmond Airport for all to see.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
You guys did a fantastic job on all of those.

The vets and I have been wanting to make some for the last 2 years and now that I have a bandsaw we can, however, I have not found any DVDs which would help us a lot and afew youtubes videos on it.  It sure would be nice to have a lot more videos on it.

Or even a book that had a lot of templates so we could use those with arrow directions on how the blade is to travel.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I have two books by Lois Ventura that do a good job of describing the steps in making a bandsaw box. The designs in the book also show which cuts to make first, second, etc. when making multiple cuts.

I'm fairly certain I paid around $20 per book when I bought them a few years ago, but checking Amazon just now they run $25-45 for used ones.

These are a couple of her designs...

[Image: 2s9tzc5.jpg]

[Image: o5ree1.jpg]