Bandsaw boxes
Check Alibris.com for the Lois Ventura book..."Building Beautiful Boxes with Your Band Saw"

I just bought one for $9.19.
I just gotta say I'm blown away by all the talent here! Here's the Scott Phillips style nesting boxes I made for a wedding gift for some friends
[Image: 39815507552_3c8bf30fa3_o.png]
[Image: 24977149877_bed283a735_o_d.png]
[Image: 28068562599_e883a96cb4_o_d.png]
[Image: 24977147617_9d3d33ff30_o_d.png]
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]

Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here
(01-22-2018, 05:00 PM)Lucky Irish Wrote: I have two books by Lois Ventura that do a good job of describing the steps in making a bandsaw box. The designs in the book also show which cuts to make first, second, etc. when making multiple cuts.

I'm fairly certain I paid around $20 per book when I bought them a few years ago, but checking Amazon just now they run $25-45 for used ones.

These are a couple of her designs...

[Image: 2s9tzc5.jpg]

[Image: o5ree1.jpg]

Thanks for the info.  Right now that is WAY to much for me to buy.  I am trying to save money so we can get our non profit business licence so we can open up an Arts & Crafts center and every cent counts for us.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I’ve only used a pattern on about 8 of my boxes. You don’t really need one, just draw a shape you like on the wood block or check out pictures of boxes you see.
Here’s a few more of mine.

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: 26043639498_b3dec19010_n_d.jpg]
Gary your box is awesome.  I need to try one like this!
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
(01-22-2018, 10:18 AM)Woodshop Wrote: How bout real harder and a bit whimsical

[Image: bellswardrobe4.JPG]

[Image: bellswardrobe5.JPG][Image: bellswardrobe6.JPG]

[Image: Cogsworth2.JPG][Image: Cogsworth3.JPG][Image: Cogsworth4.JPG]

Try A little turning

[Image: MrsPots3.JPG]

[Image: MrsPots5.JPG][Image: MrsPots6.JPG][Image: MrsPots7.JPG]

Those boxes are wonderful 
Cool
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
This thread made me buy some new books and order two new bandsaw blades.  My contribution to this thread is a few months out.
A carpenter's house is never done.
I loved making band saw boxes for a long time, but I have had some trouble getting my band saw properly tuned lately.  I think it may need some repair, maybe new bearings, or just some TLC.  I put on new tires and replaced the adjustment knob with that fancy crank... why didn't I do THAT sooner. LOL.  I'm having some tracking issues.... and can't seem to figure it out.

I'll do some youtube research, or maybe talk to the guys at Woodcraft, where I bought it.  It's a Jet14 with a riser block.  Been a very good one.

Yes

I have made a LOT of stuff with it over the years.  Certainly got my money's worth.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.