Ironwood
Anyone worked with Ironwood (hornbeam)?  I saw a photo on the woodworker's forum.  It has an interesting grain pattern.
(01-21-2018, 10:05 PM)peter-m Wrote: Anyone worked with Ironwood (hornbeam)?  I saw a photo on the woodworker's forum.  It has an interesting grain pattern.

Mallets, but soaking in PEG for softening the blow and allowing centering the heart dulls things pretty well.  Nice handles on a set of socket chisels I gave the big kid.  Turns like hard maple.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
(01-21-2018, 10:05 PM)peter-m Wrote: Anyone worked with Ironwood (hornbeam)?  I saw a photo on the woodworker's forum.  It has an interesting grain pattern.

Nope never used it before and would love to try it, but I am thinking it would not be any different then other hard woods like Ebony and Cocobolo and others like that.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.