A simple (and almost invisible) solution for fixing wobble
I stumbled on a simple solution for fixing wobbles. I just used it for a cutting board (apparently "throwing together" a cutting board from scraps results in less than perfect work) but it would work for anything. 

The board I just made ended up with a very slight twist, which I pretty much knew would happen since one of the bloodwood strips was slightly bowed. I used black rubber feet as a base, and I use these for a lot of things (they are the common type found at Home Depot). Conveniently, they measure 1" in diameter, and my local Ace carries a good selection of neoprene washers. The fender washers weren't smaller than 1 1/4", but they had plenty of 1" washers. I bought a good stack and figured I'd use them for this in the future.

The best way is still going to be using threaded inserts for the infinite adjustability, but stacking 1" black neoprene washers under a 1" black rubber screw-on foot works very well and is only visible if you really inspect the feet. I used one washer under each alternating corner and the wobble was gone. The fact that neoprene is slightly compressible helps with adjustability also since you can simply tighten the screw if you need less than 1/16" of play.

This is a quick fix to an avoidable problem, but when we occasionally find ourselves in this situation, I thought this might be helpful.