Latch help
I am looking for brass plate of yellow zinc plated latches like the ones here. Stainless or plain zinc are easy. Any suggestions where to look for some?
(01-23-2018, 12:21 PM)Bope Wrote: I am looking for brass plate of yellow zinc plated latches like the ones here. Stainless or plain zinc are easy. Any suggestions where to look for some?

Check the Lee Valley Hardware section - not sure exactly what style you want?  Rockler also has a lot of hardware - good luck.  Dave
Smile
Piedmont North Carolina
MSC Direct shows some of the items in zinc with a yellow chromate.

Note:  The yellow chromate offers superior corrosion resistance (compared to clear or  blue chromate).  The color is not necessarily consistent.  It can range from a deep yellow to a barely perceptible yellow and still meet military specs.

So don't buy yellow chromate zinc for decorative reasons.  It will disappoint at some point (for color only).

This article lays waste to the older idea (which I expressed above) that yellow chromate is superior to clear in corrosion resistance:

https://www.finishing.com/565/60.shtml
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I am being too picky for a tool box for my son's skate sharpening tools that was supposed to be a quick project made form scrap. I am looking for a draw catch to hold the lid closed while carrying. The brass ones from Rockler the catch side is taller than I wanted but would work. I had forgotten about Lee Valley. They have a round top draw catch that looks like it might work.
Penn-Elcom has the biggest selection of case hardware I know of.  Not decorative, but good professional grade stuff:

http://www.penn-elcom.com/default.asp?MC=01010101&LG=EN
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
there is a reason why people use butterfly latches on equipment that is going to travel around a lot.  That's what I would use.  I had one on in my hardware drawer for a couple of decades, finally put it on a tool chest for larger tools, I think it looks pretty good even though it's quite industrial