Where to get good square drive screws?
I used to get assortments of square drive screws from mcfeeleys but haven't restocked in a couple years.

I really like square drive #8 and #10 screws but saw
Here a while back that mcfeeleys had changed owners and quality had suffered.

Just looked on their sight and it wasn't very easy to navigate.

Where is a good place to get screws in multiples of 100
Or I'd even be good getting 1000 of my more commonly used sizes.

Duke
I was going to say Mcfeelys but if that has failed you.

Consider torx screws.  I have been using torx screws when I really mean it.  Besides a better drive, they have a better design that has no threads near the head.  It makes it easier to pull a joint tight.  They also make torx in trim heads.
A carpenter's house is never done.
(01-24-2018, 02:28 PM)photobug Wrote: I was going to say Mcfeelys but if that has failed you.

Consider torx screws.  I have been using torx screws when I really mean it.  Besides a better drive, they have a better design that has no threads near the head.  It makes it easier to pull a joint tight.  They also make torx in trim heads.

This is of interest to me also. I could really use a good source for #8 square drive or Torx screws, especially in the 2 1/2" - 3 1/2" range.
I've been buying from wwhardware.com  Very nice screws.  Good quantity discounts.

https://www.wwhardware.com/ultimate-squa...ws-8-scus8

My local cabinet supply house carries the Deerwood screws in their "jar program."   IIRC, it's the same price for a number of sizes in 2# jars (about $10).   They are slightly different in that they are "Quadrex" (Phillips + Square) that I tend not to like as much.

Torx are good (GRK and Spax) but seem to be more costly.
I replenished my square drive supply with an order from McFeely's last June.  I haven't noticed any decrease in the quality of the screws.  I agree that their website is a mess to navigate.  I also miss the $1 shipping from the old McFeely's.  Shipping for smaller orders is very high, and free shipping doesn't start until $100 order.  I waited until I could order a bunch of screw sizes and some General Finishes to get the order over $100.
Bob
I've not noticed a drop in quality from McFeelys either, but agree with everything else being a lot less acceptable. But when I asked the same question about suppliers here a few years back, someone brought up Quickscrews. Give them a looksee, the order I got seemed to be good quality, but one thing I didn't like was that many of their screws are (or were) self drilling and combo head.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Try CS_Hardware ... they sell screws by "each" and not pre-boxed and have a good selection of other things also.
I looked at McFeelys recently and the web site was awkward and most things were out of stock, no explanation for the different finishes.

I did the math on screws pricing and found they were around 6 cents per screw from McFeelys.   My preferred alternative are Spax and at Home Depot they average around the same.  It was just easier to buy a box of the sizes I needed to refill the sizes I need under 2 inches in #6 and #8.  I don't use larger screws that much, but have a container of screws up to 4" that I just buy cheap Home Depot boxes to keep filled.  I have recently started adding a variety of Torx to fill the needs for big holding power.  I am two hours from a city and therefore a huge fan of mail ordering specialty items.  I have yet find a compelling reason to not purchase my screws at Home Depot.
A carpenter's house is never done.
(01-24-2018, 02:11 PM)JDuke Wrote: I used to get assortments of square drive screws from mcfeeleys but haven't restocked in a couple years.

I really like square drive #8 and #10 screws but saw  
Here a while back that mcfeeleys had changed owners and quality had suffered.

Just looked on their sight and it wasn't very easy to navigate.

Where is a good place to get screws in multiples of 100
Or I'd even be good getting 1000 of my more commonly used sizes.

Duke

Baer Supply. They handle the Wurth brand of screws.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-24-2018, 04:32 PM)fredhargis Wrote: Quickscrews.

I use their pocket screws. Excellent quality, and I buy by the case.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020