DW Table Saw
(01-26-2018, 09:15 AM)TDKPE Wrote: There's a number of photo entries of that saw on owwm.org.  http://vintagemachinery.org/mfgindex/det...h=false&fl=  Couldn't find much dirty paper (original catalog listings or machine manuals, posted for all to use) for it, though.  But it looks heavily built.

I believe it has a 3/4" arbor.  That's a bit of a pain, as common 10" blades are bored 5/8".  Also, if it's really 3 hp, you don't want to run it on 120V power if you don't have to, as it'll be rated around 30A (on the motor's nameplate), with startups running to potentially over 200A.  Pretty uncommon for a motor that size to be rated 120V, but if it's old, anything is possible I suppose.

I probably wouldn't offer more than a couple of hundred.  3/4" arbor, not very common (parts will be almost impossible to find, unlike PM66's, Unisaws, General 350's, and so on).

I've confirmed that it was updated to a 5/8" arbor, and apparently it can handle 10" or 12" blades so I've got some flexibility
Chiming in with everybody else.  Couple of things I noticed.  Looks to be a recent paint job, not bad from the pix. That front outlet is not 110, so its probably set up for 220.  Motor may be convertible to 110 but keep it in mind.  That one blade on top if it for that saw is definitely larger than a 3/4" hole.  Finally, Davis and Wells saws were made in California and for the most part seem to show up on the west coast.   You won't find any replacement parts for it and you may never need to either.  It looks like a cabinet saw from the front, but with the motor hanging out the back is a contractor saw, so that means that the trunions are probably attached to the underside of the top, rather than the cabinet.  If you can look inside, see if you can tell if all is well; no cracks or anything impeding the motion of the saw tilt and elevation.

And that is a nice looking Unifence as well as the big router table and sliding table on the other side.  All pluses in my book.  Check out the vintage machinery link that Tom posted and get as smart as you can before you look at it, but don't wait too long, it may disappear.
(01-26-2018, 12:34 PM)EvilTwin Wrote: Chiming in with everybody else.  Couple of things I noticed.  Looks to be a recent paint job, not bad from the pix. That front outlet is not 110, so its probably set up for 220.  Motor may be convertible to 110 but keep it in mind.  That one blade on top if it for that saw is definitely larger than a 3/4" hole.  Finally, Davis and Wells saws were made in California and for the most part seem to show up on the west coast.   You won't find any replacement parts for it and you may never need to either.  It looks like a cabinet saw from the front, but with the motor hanging out the back is a contractor saw, so that means that the trunions are probably attached to the underside of the top, rather than the cabinet.  If you can look inside, see if you can tell if all is well; no cracks or anything impeding the motion of the saw tilt and elevation.

And that is a nice looking Unifence as well as the big router table and sliding table on the other side.  All pluses in my book.  Check out the vintage machinery link that Tom posted and get as smart as you can before you look at it, but don't wait too long, it may disappear.

It's currently set up for 220, and I've got a 220 in my workshop so no worries.

Thanks for the other info, and I'll be sure to take a look at the trunions.