toilet rough in?
Thanks barn! Saw one similar to that. Think it may have been an Eljer? Certainly attractive on a tight spot. Makes you wonder why they don't make them all like that...what is the advantage of taking up more room? We have the space and didn't want to pay more for lower flush performance.
(02-06-2018, 02:50 PM)JosephP Wrote: Makes you wonder why they don't make them all like that...what is the advantage of taking up more room?  We have the space and didn't want to pay more for lower flush performance.

Some do. All of the highly-rated Toto Drake elongated toilets are the same 28" depth as the American Standard "compact" toilet, and they are quite a bit cheaper.
(02-06-2018, 02:50 PM)JosephP Wrote: Makes you wonder why they don't make them all like that...

Because skinny weaklings like me can carry them up the stairs.

Seriously: People don't like change so it takes a while. I'll bet they will all be that way eventually. Less parts, cheaper to make, no chance of the tank seal leaking.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Just finished helping a guy remodel a bathroom on a rental.

He hired a plumbing company to do the plumbing.  We did everything else.

When he was ready for me again, he called and I went back.

He was a little upset with the position of the toilet.  It was kind of in the "middle" of the room, so he went to the plumbing company.  They told him it was not in the correct position because he did not buy the fixture from them.  
Rolleyes 

I measured the center of the closet flange - 16 inches from the wall.  Yes, he can paint behind the toilet - probably with and HVLP gun, if he wanted.  
Upset 

Second floor bath - new floor and vinyl flooring - etc - etc.  No easy fix.
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
(02-06-2018, 10:03 AM)barnowl Wrote: American Standard makes a Compact Elongated that doesn't take up any more room than their round front.

I put one in our Master bath, which originally had a round front.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=ecN5Wuy...jXUuFK_KQE

The link includes both one-piece and two-piece AS compact toilets. Which one did you put in your master bathroom?
(02-08-2018, 03:23 AM)Lynden Wrote: The link includes both one-piece and two-piece AS compact toilets. Which one did you put in your master bathroom?

2 piece, 1.6 gallon.

This exact toilet:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/American-Sta.../204470454

I bought a slow close seat for it seperately.

https://www.amazon.com/American-Standard...JG64O?th=1
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]