Portable DC for new shop
Good idea there ... Wonder how the little HF one compares to that Shop fox .

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

(01-31-2018, 05:42 PM)stav Wrote: Nice.

You can roll it out to the curb when it's time for a new, bigger one.

Yep.

(02-13-2018, 07:43 AM)shoottmx Wrote: Road test:
so far it's been connected to an 8" jointer, 15" planer, 10"TS with shop vac on the blade guard, 6x48 &12" combo sander and a big gulp hood on a RAS. Certainly no detailed test but I have no complaints on it's suckage. I have a 10' section of collapiable hose to connect to the machines and it sure seems to have ample air flow. The jointer was bought used and the first time I hooked up this DC it pulled out a bunch of chips left by the PO.

Bottom line is I'd do this again to insure the machine layout works. Let's just say the ordeal of moving the thing from machine to machine confirmed the shop layout works and it's time to run duct work.

g

Cool
Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I was thinking about getting the Harbor Freight unit.  I have a Grizzly stationary one but routing the hose to all the locations is going to be a hassle.  Right now it is setup to handle the table saw (and less effectively) the radial arm saw.

This one.  It comes with crappy looking casters, but maybe  OK for the light weight.  Just $145.00, but sometimes on sale.

[Image: image_26569.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
.....Just $145.00, but sometimes on sale.

Cooler--
I can scan & pm a 20% off coupon if you don't have one.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
(02-16-2018, 09:08 AM)Cooler Wrote: I was thinking about getting the Harbor Freight unit.  I have a Grizzly stationary one but routing the hose to all the locations is going to be a hassle.  Right now it is setup to handle the table saw (and less effectively) the radial arm saw.

This one.  It comes with crappy looking casters, but maybe  OK for the light weight.  Just $145.00, but sometimes on sale.

[Image: image_26569.jpg]

I might pick up a couple of them for the welders in our shop to use as fume extractors.  I'm about to make them do some work inside narrow bridge beams, and breathing apparatus won't be enough as the space will fill with smoke too dense to see.  With the 20% off coupon I have, they're the cheapest extractors money can buy, and should move plenty of air for the task.  
Yes
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(02-16-2018, 10:46 AM)shoottmx Wrote: .....Just $145.00, but sometimes on sale.

Cooler--
I can scan & pm a 20% off coupon if you don't have one.

g
Thanks.  I get the fliers and emails.  I will watch for one.  The store is just 4 miles from my house and for certain things they are the best (safety glasses $1.00; foam brushes, etc.)

I have to wait until my piggy bank if filled again before the dust collection. 
Big Grin 

Cooler
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.