Sanding/dust control
I bought a new Rigid 16 gallon shop vac last fall---I have a Rigid of the same size that is over 15 years old which has been used in my remodeling business and outside at home(sucks up sweet gun balls like a boss).

I bought a muffler for the new one---it is now half as loud as the Dyson vacuum cleaner. And I cannot see any difference in suction with the muffler on or off. It is WAY more quiet than the 2hp Griz DC unit.
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes 

Only problem would be adapting a smaller lighter hose to attach to my PC ROS, have yet to see a good reason to do that.

A dusty shop is a productive shop.
Big Grin
(02-01-2018, 08:49 PM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: A dusty shop is a productive shop.
Big Grin

By that measure I have a very productive shop.  I decided to just break out the lunchbox vacuum.  It is significantly louder than my other Shop Vac.  In comparison I could have used the old one without ear protection but didn't, so it's all even since I still wearing ear protection.  Both my 6" Rigid and my 5" Bosch ROS's  have a dust collection output.  The hose coming off the new shop vac and Bosch sander were of equal dimension so I had to get some polyethylene 1" hose and heat it, stretch it to fit over both parts.  It worked well, I likely could have gotten away without dust protection while sanding, but didn't.
A carpenter's house is never done.
I had a Genie wet/dry vac of around 10 gallons capacity, and while it was ok for what it was, with the small diameter hose (which clogged easily, of course), it was so loud I had to wear hearing protection.  I added a muffler, which made it far quieter, and it was still so loud I had to wear hearing protection.

When I got a big SS Rigid wet/dry, I put the Genie on the street for someone to steal.  I'm surprised it didn't get returned.
Laugh
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"