M-WTCA Peach Meet Feb 2-3
Hope to "meet" some of you there. Chime in if you're going. I'll try to remember to wear my pink shirt in my profile pic so I'll stand out like a hammered thumb ;-) I'll only be there Saturday.

I'll have a table with those rifflers I've had listed over at the swap/sell subforum and what I have in moulding planes. Nothing super fancy, but some options!
(01-29-2018, 09:25 AM)JQuacker Wrote: Hope to "meet" some of you there. Chime in if you're going. I'll try to remember to wear my pink shirt in my profile pic so I'll stand out like a hammered thumb ;-) I'll only be there Saturday.

I'll have a table with those rifflers I've had listed over at the swap/sell subforum and what I have in moulding planes. Nothing super fancy, but some options!
I'll be there...be wearing a tan Carhart ball cap...see you Saturday..
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(01-29-2018, 11:50 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I've looked on the M-WTCA website for more information but i don't see any.
War Eagle!
(01-29-2018, 11:50 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Jack, I can't make it this year. I'll miss you guys. Have fun.
(01-30-2018, 02:09 PM)WarEagle Todd Wrote: I've looked on the M-WTCA website for more information but i don't see any.

There was a mailer to MWTCA members. Here's where it is on the website; it gives you the direction to call Steve at the listed number if you didn't get the mailer.

https://mwtca.org/new-tool-meeting-page/...locations/
(01-30-2018, 02:09 PM)WarEagle Todd Wrote: I've looked on the M-WTCA website for more information but i don't see any.

The Peach Meet is always held at the Lion's Club clubhouse just off I-20 at Madison. I think the street address is Lion's Club Road, but I'm not sure. The landmark is a big blue water tower. The building is just next to the water tower. If you're driving East from Atlanta, take the second Madison exit and turn left to go over the Interstate. If you're coming West from Augusta, take the first Madison exit and turn right at the end of the exit ramp. You can see the water tower on your left 1/4 mile or less from the Interstate. Turn left onto Lion's Club Road (I think there may be a stop light at the intersection, but I'm not totally sure). You'll see the cars. Parking is free, but there is a charge to attend the meet.
Thank you
War Eagle!
(01-30-2018, 09:10 PM)Hank Knight Wrote: The Peach Meet is always held at the Lion's Club clubhouse just off I-20 at Madison. I think the street address is Lion's Club Road, but I'm not sure. The landmark is a big blue water tower. The building is just next to the water tower. If you're driving East from Atlanta, take the second Madison exit and turn left to go over the Interstate. If you're coming West from Augusta, take the first Madison exit and turn right at the end of the exit ramp. You can see the water tower on your left 1/4 mile or less from the Interstate. Turn left onto Lion's Club Road (I think there may be a stop light at the intersection, but I'm not totally sure). You'll see the cars. Parking is free, but there is a charge to attend the meet.
Hank, I looked for you and Ron, but no luck...sorry you were not able to make it...I learned some sad news tho..This is the first meet I have been to that Phil Baker was not there..Bill Morgan told me that Phil passed about two weeks ago..He was in the hospital with the flu but his condition deteriorated quickly and they could not save him. His wife is very ill now as well....I don't know what will happen to his saw collection but he had over 500 of them and some were extremely rare. He once told me of a tool museum that he planned to donate them to, but don't know how that will work out because he wanted to keep his collection together.

Sigh

BTW..It was the largest crowd I have ever seen at that meet and this was the 15th time for me...The lot was almost full!!!!!!

Get off my lawn !
Upset

Is Phil Baker the gent who was in the Dec Gristmill? It was quite the collection!
(02-06-2018, 03:19 PM)JQuacker Wrote: Is Phil Baker the gent who was in the Dec Gristmill? It was quite the collection!
My Dec. issue is hiding from me somewhere but he did have an article in the Sept. 2017 issue on engraved saws...I can't remember an issue tho, that Phil didn't have a saw story in it, so I would not doubt he had one in December...I was told that the articles that are to be published have to be in at least a month before press time...I get the impression from Doug Fowler that he had not been sick very long before being hospitalized...Doug was the guy in the black cowboy hat who had several tables next to the front wall at the left of the door as you go into the room. He has always been the man who gets things going at the meet.

Get off my lawn !
Upset