Mahogany Flame
12" Mahogany Flame

Attached Files Image(s)

Beautiful wood, great form!
Yes, very nice
That is one of the reasons I like mahogany is its chatatoyance (spelling is wrong)  Someday I will find enough for all of us to use.  Maybe a plank of 10/4 x 10 feet long
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Well done!
Thank you guys.
that's very pretty wood and the bowl is very well done. I have some mahogany but it looks much more plain than that. I plan to turn it into a platter at some point. I need to figure out a way to dress it up some. I'm thinking of casting resin into it.
That is beautiful.  I have been using mahogany in several projects thanks to my dad, who saved several table tops for me from the Golf Course when they redecorated the clubhouse.  The edges were 1" thick slabs, 5" wide and good length. 
Big Grin. I book matched most into useable thicknesses and stacked them in my storage to await the call. 
Yes  That is amazing.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
(02-02-2018, 09:50 PM)crokett™ Wrote: that's very pretty wood and the bowl is very well done.  I have some mahogany but it looks much more plain than that.  I plan to turn it into a platter at some point.  I need to figure out a way to dress it up some.  I'm thinking of casting resin into it.

I pretty much guarantee that once you turn it will have a lot of what his looks like.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(02-03-2018, 02:30 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I pretty much guarantee that once you turn it will have a lot of what his looks like.

I didn't see the fire until I put the Tung oil on and I wish I used Lacquer sanding sealer instead because it changed over time to a much darker finish still a nice bowl but w/ out a flood light on it you don't see the fire anymore
No