Barn siding and beams
I have a barn that has seen better days, it has not been used for the last 15 years.  I will be taking it down, piece by piece this summer.  I will be offering the siding and beams and 2"+ flooring for sale later in the year.  If you are interested, send me an email or look for more info in late may or early June.
Non Carborundum Illigitimus
What's your location?
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
(02-02-2018, 08:49 PM)Bald Trace Wrote: I have a barn that has seen better days, it has not been used for the last 15 years.  I will be taking it down, piece by piece this summer.  I will be offering the siding and beams and 2"+ flooring for sale later in the year.  If you are interested, send me an email or look for more info in late may or early June.

Trying to send you an email results in:
Quote:You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
  1. Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
  2. You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
  3. Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
  4. You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

So, it is hard to send you an email.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(02-02-2018, 09:18 PM)iclark Wrote: Trying to send you an email results in:

actually, that message was for you. There should have been two boxes below that for you to log in.

“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”
Thomas A. Edison
(02-03-2018, 05:24 AM)Ted Jay Wrote: actually, that message was for you. There should have been two boxes below that for you to log in.

Interesting. The rest of the message box says:
Quote: You are currently logged in with the username: 'iclark'

No login boxes below it and a button to Logout near the top of the page.

Did anyone else succeed in sending an email by clicking on the send email link on his page?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I sent him a PM, here's the reply:

Quote:The barn is in SW Penna.  I'm in WV.  Local pickup will be ok. And, I will deliver.  As far as I know the beams are chestnut or hawthorn, I'll have to check.  The siding is poplar, so I've been told.  I will check Tuesday when I am at the farm. 
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Tons of work ahead. A reason a hole next to it gets dug, supports pulled out, and its pushed into the hole and a match struck. Good luck on getting your time's worth out of poplar. Maybe the guy that told you that was looking to lowball buy it?

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(02-02-2018, 09:18 PM)iclark Wrote: Trying to send you an email results in:

I received the same page as you after I selected the "Send ____ an Email".  I hope this helps.
(02-04-2018, 09:24 AM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Tons of work ahead. A reason a hole next to it gets dug, supports pulled out, and its pushed into the hole and a match struck. Good luck on getting your time's worth out of poplar. Maybe the guy that told you that was looking to lowball buy it?

I had this happen once. we bought a house that had am old barn on it, painted barn red. I was taking some of the barn boards off and someone wanted to buy some. He claimed it was junk wood. I knew better. Never did sell it. When I cleaned some up, I had every species grown locally. I later talked to the guy whose Dad built the barn and they just cut down the trees around where the barn was to be built, had them milled into siding and built the barn, they didn't care what the wood was.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
I was able to get some barn siding last summer......1 x 12+ x 16' long pine, nice stuff.

Ed