DustKop DC?
Do any of you fine fudge own a DC by DustKop? I just snagged one for what I hope is a really good price. I have an HF single stage that I was soon going to convert to a two stage but this one already does that AND has a stand.

I need to modify the Wynn filter currently on my HF to make it work and find some 24" diameter bags for it.

Any thoughts or advise? I don't see it on that company's website; I wonder that it muggy be a discontinued model.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

The name DustKop kind of gives it away I think. It is industrial.
It's for dust, not wood chips. But for sanding only, it's probably fine.
Take the cover off and give us a shot of the impeller.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

The cover appears to be glued and screwed on; after removing the screws it didn't want to move and I don't want to damage it.

The impeller is cast aluminum.

Is there any reason this won't work well for wood chips? The suction on this thing is impressive.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

It is a push-through right?
(02-03-2018, 07:48 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Is there any reason this won't work well for wood chips?  The suction on this thing is impressive.

I can't see how the outer part of the impeller is made. If it's open, it will probably pull chips.
If it looks like the fan on your furnace in the house (closed impeller), no it won't work well.
Dust collectors impellers normally have a closed end.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Just shined a light into the housing; the impeller is open like a fan blade. That's promising.

Phil, I don't know what push-through means.
Semper fi,
Brad

Google "cyclone separator push vs pull" for some more details.
(02-03-2018, 08:31 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Just shined a light into the housing; the impeller is open like a fan blade.  That's promising.

Yes. Very.
Yes  Find you a model#, (you know the drill
Laugh ) google for a parts/info diagram.
Find the specs and also a pic of your impeller.
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

We have the pictures .
Yes
Yes
Yes 
Now we need to determine the gloat worthiness . Another words How much ?
Or don't . I am still rooting for the Eagles today .
Winkgrin

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

(02-03-2018, 07:48 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: The cover appears to be glued and screwed on; after removing the screws it didn't want to move and I don't want to damage it.

The impeller is cast aluminum.

Is there any reason this won't work well for wood chips?  The suction on this thing is impressive.

Probably just a foam rubber gasket that's glued itself on from age.  I'd use a putty knife and gently work it around to separate it. 

I'm not sure I'd put chips through that impeller, being cast aluminium.  Maybe put a separator of some sort before it to get the big stuff out.  An errant lump of something very solid, like a steel nut, could do a number on that impeller.  Maybe put a course hardware cloth screen in front of it, if there's a chance of something bad getting sucked in. 

I don't know if any DCs use aluminium in a push-through arrangement, but the ones I'm familiar with are steel.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"