Woodcraft
Haven't been to Woodcraft in 12 years. The last time I went, there were two working the floor and though the store had only one other customer, I was imposing on their visiting friends conversations- sports and his new truck and so forth.  "Be right with you" ..................................................................
..............................................................................................................................
Sleep
I’m in Birmingham and have to say I think our local store has always been great. I’m lucky I guess.
-Marc

Rockler stores are all Corporate owned. Most Woodcraft are franchises.

This means that all Rockler’s stores are pretty tightly controlled and tend to be of similar quality, and Woodcraft stores are as good or poor as their owners. 

I do a LOT of work with MicroJig and Woodcraft stores. I do the trade shows, Woodcraft’s Vendor Trade Show and demo days at stores around the US. We tend to go to the same stores year after year, and certainly we know which stores are active and doing well, and which are shoddily run.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
(02-05-2018, 09:33 AM)Admiral Wrote: Funny, when I lived in Charlotte that store was just about ready to open (late 90's, 2000?), they were still loading things in the racks and I stopped in, chatted with the owner, and although the registers weren't yet set up, he took some cash from me to buy some shellac flakes, so I was customer #1.  Don't know how it fared since them.

It is still hopping . Every time I go there are multiple people looking around....multiple employess etc. Almost every employee is nice though I have never run into a hand tool guy there.  They have classes and a well stocked teaching area. That's where I turned my first pen.

Your initial purchase set the tone for sure.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11