Woodcraft
Welcome to Woodnet Kevin!!

Thank You for your time in responding to this thread. I may have sent an inappropriate message here regarding the price tags. What I meant to say was that the tags were removed from the hangers on the shelves & not the item itself. However,, those items where the tags were removed from the hanger more often than not had no price tag on that item itself. Haven't been to Oakwood Village in nearly 2 years.
(02-06-2018, 10:54 AM)WoodcraftKevin Wrote: Hi everyone,
This is Kevin the new video/social media person at Woodcraft. I want to thank everyone for their patronage and the feedback, we really appreciate it. If you ever have additional comments please reach out to us on social media or by calling customer service. Now onto some concerns. 

Cecil, I'm very sorry you had this experience. One of our core values at Woodcraft is customer satisfaction and this is NOT the way to ensure that. If you let me know which store this was I can forward it to the regional manager so that he can take a look. There SHOULD be a price sticker on everything. If it comes from our warehouse it has it before it even gets to the store. If the store orders it direct from a company it's their responsibility to put it on the item. Occasionally there are some large price changes that take a little longer than they should but questions in the mean time should be dealt with politely, not by making you look up your own prices. 

Wow.  Welcome to the forum.  Feel free to stay and chat from time to time.

The store was located in Rochester, NY
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
I read Cecil's post Sunday but did not have time to commit.  There are two stores in the Dallas / Fort Worth area and both were relocated a few years ago. (There was a rumor that all Texas stores were owned by the same person.)  The store I went to moved to Plano and the store in Fort Worth moved to the middle of the DFW metroplex which is much handier for me.

A lady runs this location and she is top notch!  You are greeted warmly by all of the sales people.  On a couple of occasions I needed more items than they stocked but generally they have everything I am after.  Have not been to the new Plano store (don't like the traffic) so I cannot offer an opinion.

I too, try to give the brick & mortar stores as much business as I can, especially when they make it a pleasure to walk in.

WOW!!!  Glad to see WoodcraftKevin join in.  Feels like we have our own rep at Woodcraft now.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(02-06-2018, 05:20 PM)Cecil Wrote: The store was located in Rochester, NY

Big eek
Big eek
Big eek  That's where I go.  I haven't been there in a while, but it's always been a great store.  I've bought a lot of stuff there over the years since I moved here 16 years ago.  Maybe under new management?

I gotta get back there and see for myself.  I'll be pretty bummed if it's gone down hill.  
Sad

Glad to have you here, Kevin!
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
When I lived in SoCal, the closest Woodcraft was in Ventura - an 80 mile drive.  It was a great store, with very knowledgeable staff, and they carried a lot of extra things that you won't find in a Woodcraft catalog.  Now I've moved to Orlando, where the store is much close to where I'll eventually live.  I'm told it's a good store.  I noticed they host the Central Florida Woodworker's Guild once a month.  That's usually a good sign.  I will probably join and attend next week's meeting.  The guest speaker is Marc Adams.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I hope to stick around as more than just a Woodcraft Rep. I am a woodworker, although still fairly new. I highly recommend attending the guild meetings if your local store has one (or even if it's not a Woodcraft, I GUESS! haha) I haven't been to the one in Florida although I used to work at the Delaware store and the meetings were always fun and informative.
Woodcraft franchises are the exact opposite of McDonalds. McDonalds are very uniform, Woodcrafts vary greatly.

Local woodcraft had a huge workshop area for classes and very little inventory. I learned rather quickly to call to see if they had an item before driving to it. The store lasted a couple years before closing.

I stop by my nearest woodcraft, 86 miles away, once every year or two. The staff is helpful and the store is well stocked. I stopped in to the store last month, as It is on the same road as the DYI Woodworking Show. I picked up a couple small items and a set of 99 cent silicone earplugs. The cashier didn't know the sku for the plugs and I told him the box showed $.99. The cashier just threw them in my bag without charging me.
My .02
Karl

Hey, at least you don’t have to fly to get to a Woodcraft.
Need one on the Big Island, either that or a Harbor Freight.

Kevin, you ever get a chance to visit the Woodcraft in Honolulu?
VH07V  
(02-11-2018, 11:24 PM)EightFingers Wrote: Hey, at least you don’t have to fly to get to a Woodcraft.

Kevin, you ever get a chance to visit the Woodcraft in Honolulu?

I have not yet. I'm headed to Hawaii in October (my first time) for my college roommates wedding so I hope to get a chance to stop in.
(02-11-2018, 11:24 PM)EightFingers Wrote: Hey, at least you don’t have to fly to get to a Woodcraft.

Still closer than my nearest Woodcraft.  Mine is 5 hours away, unless it's snowing, then it's even more.

I have to mail order anything.
A carpenter's house is never done.