Hearing protection
I usually wear muffs for short tasks, but plugs and muffs if I am going to stay in the shop for a while. That way, when the muffs start pushing my glasses into my temples and I rip them off, I still have the plugs to keep me from getting lazy. I wear Surefire EP3s, which have a little flange that helps them stay in my ears well.
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!
I live in Florida and work in a shop without climate control. Muffs are simply not an option. 

I recently started using IsoTunes Pro Bluetooth earplugs. They connect to my phone so I can listen to music or audiobooks, answer my phone if someone calls without needing to remove them, and provide 27 decibel hearing protection. 

They sell two versions, the base system for $50.00 and the Pro for $90.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
(02-08-2018, 12:41 PM)gov.cheese Wrote: One of my favorite tools:

ear plugs

Replacement tips can also be purchased but they last a good long time.

+1 - The Safety Manager bought all the shops and Project Managers these to use at work.  He knew I also did work at home and had a spare he gave me for home use.  These work great.  Yes, I wear eyeglasses and these don't interfere with them at all.
Paul
They were right, I SHOULDN'T have tried it at home!
(02-07-2018, 11:08 PM)ez-duzit Wrote: Quality ear muffs will not interfere with eyeglasses.

This.  I have a very nice pair of 3M and they are just fine with my glasses.  Both my "good" frames and my clunky safety glasses.  No pinching, no nothin.  Worn them for upwards of 8 hours continuous (riding inside LC-130 which is pretty much the same as riding inside a lawnmower).

But it is always nice to be able to take them off. 
Smile
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
I wear Moldex brand ear plugs both in my shop and at work. They're a tapered foam plug that fits comfortably and can be worn for hours at a time. You can get them in a dispenser or packaged in pairs.
[/url]
[url=https://www.amazon.com/Moldex-MLX6800-Pura-Fit-Single-Use-Earplugs/dp/B00O9O8AVY/ref=sr_1_6_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1518851922&sr=8-6&keywords=moldex+pura-fit+earplugs]
It's my routine to put on safety glasses and insert my earplugs before I start any work out in the shop. Been doin' it this way for years, as I'd like to be able to hear most of the conversations when I get older. Or at least have the option of hearing them...
Winkgrin 

Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
I still wear muffs in my shop and when using 2 stroke power tools.

I had been using foam earplugs when ushering at concerts. They were a nuisance taking them in and out to hear someone talking to me. They also got grungy fairly quickly.

Last month I saw some yellow silicone plugs at woodcraft for 99 cents. When the cashier couldn't figure out a sku code, he didn't charge me probably because there were people in line behind me.

These yellow silicone plugs work as well as the foam ones. They have a "spindle" to hold them by which keeps your fingers clean and makes it fast and easy to insert and remove. They are also washable.

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/silic...g-150-pair
My .02
Karl