Really large PVC
Are laundry chutes legal anymore? Wouldn't they make a direct path or vent from one level to the next? I don't know the answer, but I do have the question.
(02-14-2018, 08:38 PM)toolmiser Wrote: Are laundry chutes legal anymore?  Wouldn't they make a direct path or vent from one level to the next?  I don't know the answer, but I do have the question.
What narrow set of improbable circumstances would lead to that causing a problem to cause them to be outlawed?

My mother-in-laws is probably 40+ years old and has a door at the upstairs opening...
A laundry chute was an option for my daughters house last year here in Ohio
(02-14-2018, 08:38 PM)toolmiser Wrote: Are laundry chutes legal anymore?  Wouldn't they make a direct path or vent from one level to the next?  I don't know the answer, but I do have the question.

No different than a stairway. So stairs should be against fire code too.. Hmm I like that idea cause I don't like more than one floor in a house.
Sigh. Won't work. Ran a number of pilot holes trough the floor into the basement. Everything bumps into lighting, duct work, or in the middle of the downstairs walkway. darn 50's homes.
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!
Don't shoot the messenger.  I am just posing the question.  Take a look on google, there are some locations that have restrictions on laundry chutes such as child barriers, draft barriers, fireproof materials.  I was just trying to save someone a hassle ahead of time.  I had considered one in my own home, but couldn't find a good location for it.
Could make a larger version of this one. You might use a huge DC and 12" duct.
Laugh

(02-16-2018, 11:26 AM)daddo Wrote:
Quote:Could make a larger version of this one. You might use a huge DC and 12" duct.
Laugh

Yeah, but that would suck. 
No
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!
(02-16-2018, 09:35 AM)toolmiser Wrote: Don't shoot the messenger.  I am just posing the question.  Take a look on google, there are some locations that have restrictions on laundry chutes such as child barriers, draft barriers, fireproof materials.  I was just trying to save someone a hassle ahead of time.  I had considered one in my own home, but couldn't find a good location for it.

theres also insurance companies that frown on them.